whats the best MvM tour to farm on

MrDeepDarkmind

Profit Value wise Two Cities, for finding more people who have experience... still Two Cities. 

Though I wouldn't recommend doing it for profit, it's just another kind of gambling. 

its not profitable anymore.

it was in the first 2-3 months of Two Cities, but now all the robo-parts and crappy fabricators are practically worthless.

Two Cities is pretty good and I have gotten a few australiums but I'm not so sure about now though. Looks like the pub community for MvM gets worst every month that hardly anyone plays with pubs anymore.

If you don't have a group of friends to play with, don't waste your time and effort. A lot of mean people out there in MvM.

The only time I had fun was with my school friends or people on backpack.tf.

Absolutely don't try to farm MvM for profit.

It costs basically 2 keys per tour, a bit less usually.

You get some random parts and junk, so say 1.5 keys per tour after you sell those. (Spec. fabricators are usually worthless, Brofessional kits are more rare than you'd think and still often worth less than a key, hat drops are rare, and regular KS kits are usually a couple of ref.)

Leaving you with something like -1.5 keys per tour.

So if australiums average around 20 keys, you'll need to get one every ~13 tours just to break even, and the drop rate is nowhere near that high.

Change the math to say you can sell everything non-australium from a tour for two tickets, and you still need one aussie drop every 20-ish tours.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I have known people with 60+ tours and never having an Aussie drop its too much of a gamble to think you can make profit from it.

Statistically you have a higher chance for and Aussie in your first 10 tours (judging from the amount of low level golden pans and aussies floating around out there). After that the drops rates go downhill.

Thus far I have done 40 tours in 2 cities and not gotten an aussie drop.

Mecha I have done 162 with the last Aussie I got at tour 121 or something like that.

My first Aussie was a Grenade Launcher at tour 21 Mecha.

The only advice I can give is this:

If you want to try for profit then you will need to take a gamble and spend money on the tickets for the tours. After 10 tours if you have not got a drop then dont keep playing for profit since the stats wont be in your favour anymore.

If you do get an Aussie in the first 10 then you will be hated by the veterans but you should take that Aussie and run. Run away and never return. Unless you actually like the game mode.

Only play MvM if you prefer its gameplay or have a group you play with regularly.

• 2 weeks later...

None of the tours are worth the amount of time and money if you want profit. Really the same odds as unboxing since the chances of getting anything good are super low. You could have a tour that takes forever only to have it reward you with a common item and a big headache. 

I dont play MvM For profit anymore, just for fun. Give up trying to get profit or aussies, ive done 94 tours without one but I still play because its plenty fun at least. I would wait for a new MvM update (if it every happens) Ride the hype!

But yeah, playing a game mode for profit is like sitting at a slot machine. However, this slot machine takes times and you might have a bunch of nuts sitting next to you.

After like 23 tours, I got like a Capper spec ks, a pro Jag KS , a pro Capper KS in which later sold for 20 keys combined. No Aussies dropped yet, but whatever.

Edit: I found the Capper kit a week after the Invasion Update, so is pretty profitable at that time.

Archived