Trading with marked users, vac-banned (?)

DoctoЯ

Well, recently a guy added me, he didn't offered me anything, actually he didn't even answered, i checked his backpack and steamrep and he was marked scammer, with many negative ratings, so i deleted him.

I wanted to know if having any of those guys in the friend list, or trading with them will get me banned or marked?, because usually when i'm not at home i receive trade offers and i confirm/decline them via mobile, and there's no way to know if someone is tagged scammer or not in steam mobile; what if i get an offer of one of those guys and i accept it w/o knowing could get me banned (?).

Does backpack.tf automatic declines marked users offers?

I don't know how does the "mark" system works, so any explaination to this?

I'll wait for answers, thanks and bai.

automatic doesn't accept actually marked scammer offers. as for the rest; individual sites such as backpack/outpost will ban for trading scammers, check their policies. steamrep no longer mark you for trading marked scammers on one or two occasions.

vac bans are totally irrelevant to trading. marks come from steamrep who are not affiliated with valve or steam, they are a community website used by other community websites.

automatic doesn't accept actually marked scammer offers. as for the rest; individual sites such as backpack/outpost will ban for trading scammers, check their policies. steamrep no longer mark you for trading marked scammers on one or two occasions.

vac bans are totally irrelevant to trading. marks come from steamrep who are not affiliated with valve or steam, they are a community website used by other community websites.

So this means that if i trade once or twice i won't get marked, but if i do it a couple times it will (even if they were trades w/o knowing of them being marked)?

Note: I'm not planning to trade with marked users, i just want to know to don't commit mistakes.

Trading more than certain value with marked scammers will get you banned on trading sites, usually you get a warning first. Knowingly doing it will get you banned permanently. On backpack.tf this is for trades over 15 keys. It shouldn't get you marked unless you do it so much that you look like a scammer/alt yourself. Having them on your friends list doesn't matter, though people might not want to trade with you if you have a lot of marked users on there.

Don't accept offers over a certain value until you know who you're trading with. You can still do background checks on mobile though its a real pain. Its the same process really, log into steam on the mobile browser, not the app, and get their ID and check that with rep.tf

VAC bans are completely irrelevant in trading, don't worry about them.

The backpack.tf automatic will decline offers from people banned on the main site if you have it set that way, complete site bans iirc. All marked scammers are included in that. It is defaulted to decline, you could change it but I wouldn't recommend it. 

Marks come from Steamrep and their partner sites, the FAQ is here and the recent policy change to the trading with scammers is here.

So this means that if i trade once or twice i won't get marked, but if i do it a couple times it will (even if they were trades w/o knowing of them being marked)?

Note: I'm not planning to trade with marked users, i just want to know to don't commit mistakes

if it seems like you don't care at all and you're happy to trade scammers and enable them to profit from scamming etc then you may get marked, yes. none of this applies to trades under like 10 keys or so FYI.

Note: I'm not planning to trade with marked users, i just want to know to don't commit mistakes.

I think it's now more about what kind of trade it is.  If you just make a trade, one hat for another, it's probably not a big deal.  You're not trading for (extreme) profit.  But if you're buying 5 hats at 50% from a scammer, that probably will get you banned, since what you're doing is no longer normal trading, it's fencing.  

can you like not use comic sans on everything, it's annoying.

no having scammers on your list will not get you marked

trading with them wont anymore either

can you like not use comic sans on everything, it's annoying.

no having scammers on your list will not get you marked

trading with them wont anymore either

Please, it's not the Comic Sans's fault :(  It's because people misuse it that it came to be hated.

Comic Sans is designed for children. And it was so loved that children started to abuse it and use it everywhere, on everything, and make people come to hate the font.  :mellow:

Please don't hate the font (or the font's designer, consider so many children like it, it's a success to him)

I'm not a kid, and i'm free to use the font i want to.

And once again thanks for all your answers, they all helped a lot.

This thread is great for a question I have...

I am currently buying TF2 backpacks with pure keys. I am allowed to do trades like these with scammers, as long they do not have any hijacked items?

This thread is great for a question I have...

I am currently buying TF2 backpacks with pure keys. I am allowed to do trades like these with scammers, as long they do not have any hijacked items?

If the trade is above 15 keys then you'll be banned...a scammer most likely got his items from scamming so you can't know how he got his items exactly...trading with scammers is simple, you can't profit from them

If the trade is above 15 keys then you'll be banned...a scammer most likely got his items from scamming so you can't know how he got his items exactly...trading with scammers is simple, you can't profit from them

You can profit from them. Usually they just want keys so they can get money for them since not many people trade with scammers some would be willing to trade items away for bargain prices.

You can profit from them. Usually they just want keys so they can get money for them since not many people trade with scammers some would be willing to trade items away for bargain prices.

This guy just tried to scam me minutes ago

https://backpack.tf/u/76561198148719537

http://steamcommunity.com/id/nikkichex/

Watch out for him, he's adding people and telling them that he's buying one of your items but he has to check if it's bugged first. It's the worst way to scam i've ever seen, but just in case...

Why such an arbitrary limit? You can always check the thread where the scammer got marked to figure out the stolen items...

Archived