Help with the Steam Mobile Auth.

Gayramen

Hey, I wanted to know if there was anyway to bypass the Steam Mobile Auth. without needing a phone, I broke my phone recently and will have to wait a bit til I can get a new one, I know about the one you can use from Geel's site but that one needs a phone to accept the message. (At least I think so.)

Is there any other alternative to that one or am I just screwed til I get a new phone? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Also, sorry if this has been asked before, I'm kind of a Doofus with computers. :P

Nope, you need to have at least a phone that can send a SMS in order to use geel's program. Even if there are other simulators, you eventually need to use a phone in order to activate the mobile authenticator.

The difference is that geel's program doesn't require a phone that can run apps, only one that can send SMS.

i use a site called textnow.com , basically you create a profile, enter your area code (i believe, it's been a while since i used the site), and boom, you've got a phone number. you just need the phone # for the mobile authenticator

i also use a program called BlueStacks, which basically allows me to use android apps on my pc, so i just installed the android version of steam on there, and did all the mobile authenticator stuff from there.

no viruses that i know of, keep in mind i've only been using this for about 2 weeks, there's also a video that uses this same method if i wasnt too clear

You can download BlueStacks, which is an android simulator for pc

In bluestacks, try and find a free texting app that lets you text to phone numbers over wi-fi (WhatsApp does this I think (?))

Download whatever authenticators you need and have fun

Archived