Problem with TF2 matchmaking

Markos_WSK

So, i want to know if this is a common problem or its just me.

I usually play at 60-70 fps, sometimes 50-80. 

However, playing matchmaking my fps are always 25-30. I cant find a reason, the maps are the same, and there are even less people than in common games. Removing my custom hud doesnt work.

Also (not as important): at the end of a game there is a black screen instead of the characters if i win (still shows the leaderboard and the draws), but if i lose i see them correctly, anyone got the same?

PS: please dont answer the first question like"dont complain about fps, get good" or "low your graphic settings".

Ty <3

Edit: Well, its not only me, but damn you valve!

You get lower FPS because MM disables a large amount of console commands, mainly those that increase visibility or frames at the expense of visuals. Valve want TF2 to look like a semi-modern game when people see others playing it, not the 1990s graphics that people force the game down to.

So basically get a better PC or don't play MM.

You get lower FPS because MM disables a large amount of console commands, mainly those that increase visibility or frames at the expense of visuals. Valve want TF2 to look like a semi-modern game when people see others playing it, not the 1990s graphics that people force the game down to.

You just killed me with that answer... but thanks for the reply

RIP I need to buy a new pc then  :unsure:

valve should've atleast did something about the horrid performance before doing this

Yeah, i ve had to use some console commands since gun mettle update, idk whats wrong with the performance.

Yeah, i ve had to use some console commands since gun mettle update, idk whats wrong with the performance.

TF2's performance has been steadily declining for a long time. When I started playing I could run tf2 on max settings and get 60+ fps easily. Now I can't get more than 30 fps with potato settings.

TF2's performance has been steadily declining for a long time. When I started playing I could run tf2 on max settings and get 60+ fps easily. Now I can't get more than 30 fps with potato settings.

Same, but for me it has been since gun mettle, idk why but that is.

Probably cause since gun mettle they've been adding new items during games that will lower fps such as ammo boxes falling and weapons being able to be picked up...the increased amount of these items increase the weed for computing power. Could be wrong though

immediately I noticed that ragdolls/gibs are forced on in MM

it didn't affect my performance because i built a beast, but i just prefer them both off.

Archived