The Brussels Attacks.

Cave

Politicians will take advantage of these attacks to vote more repressive laws on honest people.

They won't stop the immigration-invasion from muslim countries either, because that's what they want : nihilism, masochism or political / economic aims, etc.

We have imported a religious conflict by importing muslim people.

Paris and Brussels will become the new Bagdad and Damas if we don't stop the dogmatism of our politicians.

Immigration is not necessarily good, especially when it is massive. Being against immigration doesn't make you racist or anything.

We have to be pragmatic, not dogmatic.

Also we have to stop dealing with the islamo-fascist who is Erdogan.

Why giving billions of euros to this government that clearly helped ISIS and other islamist rebels ? Our politicians are severely responsible.

Most western governments are not in war against terrorism, they helped it in a direct or indirect manner. 

I will be glad to see Merkel, Hollande, Juncker, Tusk and others arrested and judged for the funding of a terrorist enterprise.

It isn't that complicated when you don't put idiots in charge of operations. Just look at the recent success of the Peshmerga for example.

You'd then have to consider the fact that not vetting them would make it easier for terrorists to infiltrate, and that some countries are already struggling to cope with the numbers. If the EU could decide on an effective solution to problem #2 we'd be much better off.

The majority of colonisers also improve the infrastructure and education in their colonial dependency (this doesn't make colonialism morally right), and the oil hasn't run out. Colonialism itself is largely dead.

If anything, the Turks should be in a worse position due to the effects of the collapse of the Ottoman Empire.

Whilst it would solve the current migration crisis (i.e a political boon), I wouldn't count on any proposals soon. The EU itself is a mess.

And sadly, whilst Bush went into Afghanistan with the objective of removing terrorists, he then royally screwed up in Iraq, so I doubt we'd get that much support over there as Blair played a huge role in that ordeal.

That does indeed happen (e.g Abu Qatada's minions) , but Syrian passports were found in Paris. I wouldn't blame the legitimate refugees for this, though.

some things.

do you think there is a way to vet refugees? like really effectively? how are people fleeing for their lives, many of whom would not have documentation to start with, gonna prove who they are and where they are from? 

would you rather save ~150 or so French and Belgian citizens (even though the Paris cell was at least somewhat home-grown as Hyperqube has pointed out so this isn't even a fair comparison) or offer refuge to millions of desperate people? that's not a nice decision to make but at some point we are playing a numbers game because of my first point. it's pretty much an all or nothing game because of the impossibility of total verification. 

another thing to bear in mind is the effect that it has on people when they are forced to march along border fences, owning only what they can carry and not knowing where they will end up and how they will feed and care for their children and loved ones, seeing European daily life continue as normal; or worse, seeing nationalist groups demand that they are deported back to war zones. i can imagine that would factor massively into potential radicalization, not to mention the racism and discrimination many will face when they do arrive. to describe the whole thing as simple is utterly ludicrous. 

"colonialism brings infrastructure and education"

http://fpif.org/irony-colonial-apologetics/

and horrific acts of genocide and exploitation? that western style infrastructure and education results from slave labour in colonialist grandeur projects is not really worth taking the time to mention. also colonialism in terms of militarized or legal presence is effectively over but in terms of economic exploitation it's bigger than ever.

i actually agree to an extent that more intervention may be necessary in the middle east but how are you gonna diplomatically lick turkey's balls and also fund/support kurdish forces which turkey views as enemies? the web of factions is far too entangled and our supposed allies, particularly russia and turkey, really hamper us in doing anything there.

the syrian passport found in paris was fake, by the way. there's more than one plausible explanation for this. it could mean that this attacker bought a fake passport and used it to get to paris, or it could be an attempt to deliberately to raise suspicion/discrimination/violence against migrants/immigrants/muslims, radicalising them in turn and enabling more homegrown prospective terror cells to form.

do you think there is a way to vet refugees? like really effectively? how are people fleeing for their lives, many of whom would not have documentation to start with, gonna prove who they are and where they are from? 

would you rather save ~150 or so French and Belgian citizens (even though the Paris cell was at least somewhat home-grown as Hyperqube has pointed out so this isn't even a fair comparison) or offer refuge to millions of desperate people? that's not a nice decision to make but at some point we are playing a numbers game because of my first point. it's pretty much an all or nothing game because of the impossibility of total verification. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_passport

"In April 2015, Syria changed its passport requirements so that Syrians outside Syria, including refugees who have fled the Syrian Civil War, will be eligible for passports without an intelligence service review. Passports will be issued to Syrians "even if they left in an illegal manner or they hold non-official passports or travel documents", referring to passports issued by Syrian opposition representatives in Qatar. At the same time, fees required for passports were doubled to $400 for a new passports and $200 for a renewal"

$200 is a ridiculous price though. Perhaps the best thing to do would be to look for obvious cases of exploitation instead, or if the manpower is available, analyse each case individually. Documentation isn't as important when a story has no holes in it.

another thing to bear in mind is the effect that it has on people when they are forced to march along border fences, owning only what they can carry and not knowing where they will end up and how they will feed and care for their children and loved ones, seeing European daily life continue as normal; or worse, seeing nationalist groups demand that they are deported back to war zones. i can imagine that would factor massively into potential radicalization, not to mention the racism and discrimination many will face when they do arrive. to describe the whole thing as simple is utterly ludicrous. 

Acting decisively against groups such as ISIS would prevent this from occurring in the first place. Aid money could be redirected from corrupt countries and be invested in re-building the Middle East, or providing camps for refugees that are currently unable to enter Europe.

"colonialism brings infrastructure and education"

http://fpif.org/irony-colonial-apologetics/

and horrific acts of genocide and exploitation? that western style infrastructure and education results from slave labour in colonialist grandeur projects is not really worth taking the time to mention. also colonialism in terms of militarized or legal presence is effectively over but in terms of economic exploitation it's bigger than ever.

I'm not defending colonialism here, there's clearly enough evidence around to prove it was largely morally wrong. However, whilst natives and their resources were exploited, there were benefits for some. For example, whilst the various western East India companies rushed to exploit various resources, a large scale rail network was also set up, which is still in use today. Now obviously this doesn't excuse the colonialists or their treatment of the natives, but the Indians themselves have been able to use it to provide transport for the general public. I guess it's similar to Nazi research - would it be better to ignore it due to the circumstances it was generated in, or use it for the good of humanity, if possible?

i actually agree to an extent that more intervention may be necessary in the middle east but how are you gonna diplomatically lick turkey's balls and also fund/support kurdish forces which turkey views as enemies? the web of factions is far too entangled and our supposed allies, particularly russia and turkey, really hamper us in doing anything there.

Turkey's not worth our time whilst Erdogan's still in power. Their contributions are lacklustre at best, and Turkey will never actually get what it wants (EU membership) because Merkel won't approve due to Turkey theoretically being able to receive the same amount of power within the EU as Germany, as it has a similar population.

the syrian passport found in paris was fake, by the way. there's more than one plausible explanation for this. it could mean that this attacker bought a fake passport and used it to get to paris, or it could be an attempt to deliberately to raise suspicion/discrimination/violence against migrants/immigrants/muslims, radicalising them in turn and enabling more homegrown prospective terror cells to form.

I'd say it's more likely to be the former, but it could just as easily be the latter which would in return encourage more of the former. These attacks are usually a combination of home grown recruits and outside influence.

All these extremists need to sit in a corner and circle-jerk themselves. Preying on innocents is no way to get anyone to approve of your message. Just goes to show the world what gutless assholes you are, period.

If you announce your fear of terrorists, they win. That's what they want.

Announce, instead, that you're not scared. Don't antagonize them, just show your nationalism is stronger than their violence

Also, there are terrorist attacks happening daily around the world. This isn't new. It's what the media decides to show

Archived