The Brussels Attacks.

Cave

So as you guys may have heard, there were attacks in Brussels Airport and in a Metro in Maelbeek.

Here are some news articles about it :

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-35869266<---- Live feed

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35869254

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/36484/Bomaanslag-Brussels-Aiport/article/detail/2654095/2016/03/22/Aanslagen-Zaventem-en-Brussel-wat-we-nu-al-weten.dhtml

I, myself was at the sportpaleis to help stuff out when my family was dealt with, so you can ask me anything if you want to know anything....

It honestly does not suprise me. This doesn't mean I am ok with this, but honestly with the migration happening, it's a gold mine for Isis

My math teacher - who's actually very hateful of arabs, it's not even taboo because everyone here knows how bad arabs are since they themselves are arabs (middle-east) - mentioned it today and mocked it, he said "dude thinks he's going to heaven for killing exemplary people who have done nothing but welcome him".

Then again, that's human beings for you. Nothing much to be said about it, yeah it sucks, but it's one of the many aspects of radical islam

There's a simple solution to prevent any attacks, really. Just drive out the terrorists from their hunting grounds by force (without half-assing it and pissing off the locals like Iraq) with the support of sensible groups such as the Kurds. Establish some sort of border checkpoint in Turkey and/or Greece that offers ferries to those who agree to be vetted to ensure that they are legitimate refugees / offer asylum to refugees from the camps in the Middle East.

The Middle East itself is sadly a pretty backwards place (and I don't know why, considering the old Islamic world was occasionally actually more advanced than the West) with barbaric terrorism, discrimination and feudal monarchies commonplace. Perhaps this is why there was widespread violence after Merkel opened the borders to Germany (no these actions do not represent all Muslims). If the moderate countries could set an example and lend a hand then perhaps the region could be reformed for good. I guess the Arab Spring was an attempt at this, but it was so uncoordinated that it just went the way of the French Revolution. Whilst Gaddafi was removed from power in Libya for example, a lack of Western support meant that instead of a democratic government being formed, extremist militias were able to take control of large parts of the country.

It's the same situation in Iraq - their army is shit and is being propped up by extremist Iranian backed militias, the Kurds and incursions from Syria. Kurdistan is a real possibility, though one I wouldn't mind.

And yet Europe is just sitting around doing very little with the EU itself (at this point it's just a glorified League of Nations - another organisation with good intentions that sadly failed due to infighting between member states) just blowing a lot of hot air. More people will die if nothing is done, and I'm sure that at least some (in both the EU and Middle East) would appreciate the removal of terrorists that are responsible for the loss of their home and perhaps even family members or friends. If the terrorists aren't dealt with, we'll be seeing more stories like this. They've already been killing hostages for years (and I bet Trump would eventually do the same as it seems he wants to match their barbarism), now they're launching semi-regular attacks.

There's a simple solution to prevent any attacks, really. Just drive out the terrorists from their hunting grounds by force (without half-assing it and pissing off the locals like Iraq) with the support of sensible groups such as the Kurds. Establish some sort of border checkpoint in Turkey and/or Greece that offers ferries to those who agree to be vetted to ensure that they are legitimate refugees / offer asylum to refugees from the camps in the Middle East.

You make it seem like its just "Simple" to drive out terrorists. I'm afraid that is not how it works.

There's a simple solution to prevent any attacks, really.

Vetting refugees is harder than it sounds; a large amount wouldn't have the necessary credentials to identify themselves in a way that couldn't be forged. 

On a side point, am I a bad person for having the initial reaction of "That few?" when hearing about the attacks? 

And yet Europe is just sitting around doing very little with the EU itself (at this point it's just a glorified League of Nations - another organisation with good intentions that sadly failed due to infighting between member states) just blowing a lot of hot air. More people will die if nothing is done, and I'm sure that at least some (in both the EU and Middle East) would appreciate the removal of terrorists that are responsible for the loss of their home and perhaps even family members or friends. If the terrorists aren't dealt with, we'll be seeing more stories like this. They've already been killing hostages for years (and I bet Trump would eventually do the same as it seems he wants to match their barbarism), now they're launching semi-regular attacks.

Nothing will be done. Have you forgotten the colonization of Lebanon and Syria by the French after WWI? The continuous draining of Middle-Eastern countries' resources by European countries during many, many decades, some until 1975? The very history of Middle-Eastern countries shows the materialism and opportunism of European countries in the past, and the present doesn't help their case either. You're mistaking politicians for humanitarians. They don't care about how many of us will die in bloody circumstances, our social identity is far too secluded and different from theirs for them to even start caring about us. There will always be Muslims, some radical and some not, but you're dearly mistaken if you think the EU will go out of their way to save the warzone the Middle-East currently is.

Their mistake is, identically, mistaking radical Muslims for mere bloodthirsty animals. I'm really nobody to claim any knowledge of human psychology, however if you think about it the measures European countries take concerning migrants are very, very favorable to ISIS. It helps seclude Muslims from the West even further, brings in more recruits, supplies and supporters.

more than 1 million refugees in germany already, and merkel was planning on accepting 5 million...

if this happens in brussels...imagine germany

On a side point, am I a bad person for having the initial reaction of "That few?" when hearing about the attacks?

No man. If you think about it; as far as I know we're talking about 2 bombs exploding in the airport, one in the subway, and they found one unexploded.

34 deaths on 4 bombs? Obviously each one is one too many, but things could have been A LOT worse.

Secondly, bad people don't have have the reaction "oh dear, I hope this doesn't make me a bad person ..."

20 minutes from my friends house

cant describe how im feeling

I know what you mean; I got 3 friends working in Brussels (one of which on the airport)

Also, fuck you rafiozol for posting this on my profile

Why so negative against him? That video just shows the truth...a pro-immigrant campaign backfired.

You make it seem like its just "Simple" to drive out terrorists. I'm afraid that is not how it works.

It isn't that complicated when you don't put idiots in charge of operations. Just look at the recent success of the Peshmerga for example.

Vetting refugees is harder than it sounds; a large amount wouldn't have the necessary credentials to identify themselves in a way that couldn't be forged. 

You'd then have to consider the fact that not vetting them would make it easier for terrorists to infiltrate, and that some countries are already struggling to cope with the numbers. If the EU could decide on an effective solution to problem #2 we'd be much better off.

Nothing will be done. Have you forgotten the colonization of Lebanon and Syria by the French after WWI? The continuous draining of Middle-Eastern countries' resources by European countries during many, many decades, some until 1975? The very history of Middle-Eastern countries shows the materialism and opportunism of European countries in the past, and the present doesn't help their case either.

The majority of colonisers also improve the infrastructure and education in their colonial dependency (this doesn't make colonialism morally right), and the oil hasn't run out. Colonialism itself is largely dead.

If anything, the Turks should be in a worse position due to the effects of the collapse of the Ottoman Empire.

The very history of Middle-Eastern countries shows the materialism and opportunism of European countries in the past, and the present doesn't help their case either. You're mistaking politicians for humanitarians. They don't care about how many of us will die in bloody circumstances, our social identity is far too secluded and different from theirs for them to even start caring about us. There will always be Muslims, some radical and some not, but you're dearly mistaken if you think the EU will go out of their way to save the warzone the Middle-East currently is.

Whilst it would solve the current migration crisis (i.e a political boon), I wouldn't count on any proposals soon. The EU itself is a mess.

And sadly, whilst Bush went into Afghanistan with the objective of removing terrorists, he then royally screwed up in Iraq, so I doubt we'd get that much support over there as Blair played a huge role in that ordeal.

I don't know why people link this to immigration. The most people who commit terrorist attacks are brainwashed morons who grew up in the EU.

I don't know why people link this to immigration. The most people who commit terrorist attacks are brainwashed morons who grew up in the EU.

That does indeed happen (e.g Abu Qatada's minions) , but Syrian passports were found in Paris. I wouldn't blame the legitimate refugees for this, though.

The migration crisis is a result of the really high development stage of Europe. For a long time, it was found attractive to alot of people, specially to the Middle-east, which is always, unfortunately, a large place with daily tragedies: war, government pressure, terrorism, religious conflict (jewish versus muslims). But, as we all know, there's always a cycle which is the peace-war cycle, and the muslims and others always never, ever experienced the democracy that we find in our western side. For now, we just see the social conflicts as a result of the multiculturalism, which I find it right to happen. For instance, I live in Brazil, and as we all know, this country is made of various ethnics (europeans, natives, afro-descendants), and the last two ethnics always had their way to the worse genocide possible. It's a sociological problem, and we're here eager to do some analysis about it

European immigration policy is fairly easy to exploit by terrorists, it seems. Past events have proven that.

Close borders, don't help getting in any refugees, start european-wide hunt for terrorists. Why is it so hard to introduce?

We need to keep on with what we're doing to slow ISIS and add onto that to help break them apart. It seems like ISIS went quiet for a while before this attack and most countries seem to have a mutual goal of trying to destroy the group. I know this is hard to do without getting the sensitive people all ticked off with the violence though. 

Close borders, don't help getting in any refugees, start european-wide hunt for terrorists. Why is it so hard to introduce?

• Salah abdeslam (the guy recently arrested for the paris bombings) is a Belgian-born French national
  • Chérif and Saïd Kouachi (the guys from Charlie Hebdo shooting) again, born in fance.
  • Rizwan Farook (san bernadino shooting) was born in Chicago
And ISIS main recruiting tool is to paint the western world as evil.

It's not "hard" to stop helping refugees. it's counter productive.

We need to keep on with what we're doing to slow ISIS and add onto that to help break them apart. It seems like ISIS went quiet for a while before this attack and most countries seem to have a mutual goal of trying to destroy the group. I know this is hard to do without getting the sensitive people all ticked off with the violence though.

Indeed. The thing is that ISIS has been on a losing streak lately (IIRC they lost over half their terretory).

According to some analysts, they are resorting to these terrorist attacks because it's the last weapon at their disposal.

Archived