I've got some questions about trading

MaonoraaliKorpi (Pirates)

I want to know why wont my items got sold? Is because of my low reputation or what? I'm not asking for crazy overprices or anything either and i have no bans and nothing but still trades which are more expensive and have less stuff in them get sold faster than mine.

For example my professional strange awper has been on the classifieds list for two days and every else offer which is close to my awper's sprice has been sold by that time. I just want to know what i'm doing wrong.

For regular weps, Pro KS is always a tough market. You won't sell very easily, especially since same2me has one with a free headshot part on it for 16 keys. Just bump once or twice a day, and play the waiting game.

• hypo-beam
  • .15keys more expensive than 5 more
  • first listing is 15 keys with team shine and flames
  • most, if not nearly all, of ks weps are bought/sold on the scm

You should think again about your listing...

• hypo-beam
  • .15keys more expensive than 5 more
  • first listing is 15 keys with team shine and flames
  • most, if not nearly all, of ks weps are bought/sold on the scm

You should think again about your listing...

Well i have two parts on it and i was offering a name tag with it and was asking for 3 ref and 16 keys so that shouldn't be too much asked. Even if i have no trust i'm man of my word and i'll give one for the trader if i'll find one

For regular weps, Pro KS is always a tough market. You won't sell very easily, especially since same2me has one with a free headshot part on it for 16 keys. Just bump once or twice a day, and play the waiting game.

Ok. With my luck i wont be getting any offers with that price for a long time. I'd need to lower it to about 15 keys to get paid but that i wouldn't like to do. But thanks for the help

You're not doing anything wrong.  Nobody cares about rep outside of cash trading.  However, simply put, your items are overpriced: 

Your AWPer has one of the worst sheen/effects combos possible.  You need make sure you're the lowest priced seller with hypno/AE.  Your Vox is hopelessly overpriced.  You could get maybe 3 ref for that in a reasonable amount of time.  And your Huntsman you should just sell on the market, it's not the type of item that'll attract a lot of attention. 

Well i have two parts on it and i was offering a name tag with it and was asking for 3 ref and 16 keys so that shouldn't be too much asked. Even if i have no trust i'm man of my word and i'll give one for the trader if i'll find one

Yea, but the parts are worthless on that AWPer.  It'd be a different story if you had headshots, long distance kills and maybe dominations, but nobody is going to care about non-crit kills and players hit on any kind of sniper rifle.  The free name tag also is just weird....why wouldn't you just deduct 6 ref (or whatever name tags go for right now) from the price of the awper?  And again, your sheen/effect combo is pretty terrible in comparison to everything else.  As a matter of fact, the only way it could be worse is if it was daffodil or mean green.  So you're combo is literally one of the top 3 worst effects/sheen.  That's hard to overcome without discounting. 

Yea, but the parts are worthless on that AWPer.  It'd be a different story if you had headshots, long distance kills and maybe dominations, but nobody is going to care about non-crit kills and players hit on any kind of sniper rifle.  The free name tag also is just weird....why wouldn't you just deduct 6 ref (or whatever name tags go for right now) from the price of the awper?  And again, your sheen/effect combo is pretty terrible in comparison to everything else.  As a matter of fact, the only way it could be worse is if it was daffodil or mean green.  So you're combo is literally one of the top 3 worst effects/sheen.  That's hard to overcome without discounting. 

Ok. Is there a list of any sort about the "tier" of effects and the sheen. And the non-crit kills are basically bodyshots and you can count from that how many headshots you've had but but that's a bit too complicated if you have a headshot counter. Well i guess that i have a lot more learning than i thought. 

And the non-crit kills are basically bodyshots and you can count from that how many headshots you've had but but that's a bit too complicated if you have a headshot counter.

It's still a shit part that no one really wants. If you're factoring strange parts into things, you need to consider the value and demand of the parts themselves. The ones with high prices like damage dealt, headshot kills, and critical kills are the parts that people actively look for to apply to their weapons. Parts that are at the bare minimum, like non-crit kills and underwater kills are the ones barely anyone wants on their weapons, and the parts themselves are used primarily for crafting purposes.

If a part's valued at the 8-9 ref level, that means that the part will add jack shit to the value of the weapon. The price is only such because the part can be used for crafting transfer tools. Before the transfer tool was released, they had little value. For example, the non-crit kill part was only worth a little over a refined before the transfer tool was released, whereas critical kills was still worth around 3 keys before the update.

Archived