Best way to make profit?

ThatOtherChigga #Mack

I was doing really well before summer started (when trade.tf was new and basically all the good deals were snagged by me), but then summer came and things started getting boring. What are some good ways to make profit that don't involve me buying items for paypal? If your answer is quickbuy things, what type of items should I quickbuy, and which will yield me the most profit?

I was doing really well before summer started (when trade.tf was new and basically all the good deals were snagged by me), but then summer came and things started getting boring. What are some good ways to make profit that don't involve me buying items for paypal? If your answer is quickbuy things, what type of items should I quickbuy, and which will yield me the most profit?

Quickbuying bps gets you the best margins (30-50%), but takes more time to sell off. Flipping tools is generally fairly quick and consistent but can be troublesome if they go on sale, and you end up with relatively small margins since theres a lot of competition. 

Stranges/Hats are good to flip as they don't have nearly as much competition as tools and they don't take as long to sell as bps full of shit.....(Tc/hi5/jefe/etc...)

just buy quicksell backpacks often times noobs overpay in items. for example someone gave me a strange flare and strange degresser for a clean highfive. Most the time overpay is 1 ref - 2 keys

quickbuying unusuals and selling them on outpost works nicely.

Best way to profit. Cash out and remember trading is going down hill still and realize that you didnt put that much money into this game.

Theres still quite a bit of money to make, and its not really going downhill. The problem is valve needs to stop adding so many new effects and hats all at once and just let the market settle. (More true w/ effects than hats).

You have to adjust with the times.

Trading is slowing down for some items, and others are quite popular.

You can trade for items that have no competition..I was able to overcharge a bit because no one else was actively selling.

Stranges are really nice and lovely to sell especially those low tier ones below a key. Very regular and quick sales, constant buyers and there are no sales to mess things up unlike paints and other tools. But the margin is pretty small, you need to constantly buy them since they go pretty fast.

Quickbuying bps gets you the best margins (30-50%), but takes more time to sell off. Flipping tools is generally fairly quick and consistent but can be troublesome if they go on sale, and you end up with relatively small margins since theres a lot of competition. 

Stranges/Hats are good to flip as they don't have nearly as much competition as tools and they don't take as long to sell as bps full of shit.....(Tc/hi5/jefe/etc...)

i took ur advice and i cant keep up. i really need helpers. i should apply to be a tf2shop seller soon

anyway are u slowing down again

i took ur advice and i cant keep up. i really need helpers. i should apply to be a tf2shop seller soon

anyway are u slowing down again

I wasn't getting any decent deals recently so i actually closed my buy trade...idk, i'm just so sick of dealing with people.....i'm considering flipping 10+ key items again as then you make a decent amount on each flip, although you can't flip as much...And i don't see tf2shop as being very beneficial, aside from buying/selling keys/buds, which i don't like to do as paypal trades take too much time, have too great a risk and have small margins. 

I got sick of quickbuying unusuals. It was too difficult to flip. Sellers are a pain and its too much work to sell many of these things for the pure you need. You can try flipping other stuff but it isnt the same since trade.tf came into popular use.

Also, another note on unusuals. I have come around to what Crabislav believes about the price list. Trying to keep a valid price sheet for all unusual isn't possible and makes trading in them difficult in some ways. Yet it still is valuable if for nothing more than a quick idea. As even looking up trade offers on outpost isn't valid either its best to have a formula of your own and a network of people who you can share info with.

My bigest margins cam from chem sets. Updates are always good because you can try and profit from newly released items or more successfully quickbuy things that people need pure.

Also, another note on unusuals. I have come around to what Crabislav believes about the price list. Trying to keep a valid price sheet for all unusual isn't possible and makes trading in them difficult in some ways. Yet it still is valuable if for nothing more than a quick idea. As even looking up trade offers on outpost isn't valid either its best to have a formula of your own and a network of people who you can share info with.

Hes not the only one, i've said it time and time again. An unusual price list just isn't practical for a variety of reasons, and ever since the unusual price list came into existence its been harder to make profit since too many people view it strictly, see their bp value drop and freak out. Also, i've figured out a relatively simple algorithm which works fine for decent to good unusuals, it just runs into a problem on shitty unusuals as the difference between burning and nb is much smaller and therefore needs a different formula (which is an easy fix, just make 2 formulas. 2 effect/hat multipliers for hats above 5 buds and hats below 5 buds--based on burning value). 

quickbuy at decently reasonable prices, and sell at reasonable prices

may limit profit for each time you sell an item, but in the long run you gain more right?

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

You....

just informed a now retired trader about a question he asked nearly 1.5 years back

But the level of insight he offered was stunning "Buy low, sell high".....and just to think all this time I've been doing it the other way around!  

Let B=bible.tf's price, X=anything above 0

Buy something at B-x's price, sell it for B's price

You made a profit of X

Archived