Apply for Steamrep Partner Community + Upgrade Steamrep Widget

[Unactive Account]

Ok, BP.TF is already a Friend community of Steamrep but BP.TF is not a partner community... It is a friend Community. 

What is a friend community you ask?

• A community that uses the Streamrep code that automatically bans people who are tagged as scammers on steamrep.
  • Nothing else

Examples of Friend Communities

Scrap.TF

What is a partner Community?

• A community that can ban people for scamming (this automatically puts a mark on their steamrep page and gets them banned on all other sites with the steamrep code)
  • All admins have green tags

Examples of Partner Communities

TF2TP

TF2 Outpost

Bazaar TF

Idk why Bp.TF isn't a partner community

• It does trading (like tf2 outpost)
  • It bans people for scamming (which only partner communities do)

I suggest that one of the mods goes and makes the application

UPGRADE THE STEAMREP WIDGET IDEA

u8zgzbM.png

This looks so old (and bad)

I suggest you either design a new one. Use one from one of the backgrounds 

OR 

Make a contest for it

Our forums would get flooded with scam reports. Dunno if our current staff is able to handle it (efficiently).

We would no longer be able to ban for trading with scammers.

Idk why Bp.TF isn't a partner community

• It does trading (like tf2 outpost)
  • It bans people for scamming (which only partner communities do)

I think you're a little mixed up :P A ban from bp.tf doesn't mean you're marked on SR. Might want to refer back to when you define a partner community:

What is a partner Community?

• A community that can ban people for scamming (this automatically puts a mark on their steamrep page and gets them banned on all other sites with the steamrep code)

+1 on the widget, I don't know much about the partner community thing and how it works... but if it will help out bp.tf I'm all for it

Our forums would get flooded with scam reports. Dunno if our current staff is able to handle it (efficiently).

We would no longer be able to ban for trading with scammers.

I doubt we would use the forums for scam reports when we have a perfectly functional main site report system and member profiles for all steam users.

And we would still be able to ban for trading with scammers. Outpost still does, and they are a partner. They merely don't extend their trades with scammers bans to SR anymore.

People already go to FoG to spam reports. I'm personally 100% in favor of it, but the bp.tf would probably find itself understaffed very quickly

I think you're a little mixed up :P A ban from bp.tf doesn't mean you're marked on SR. Might want to refer back to when you define a partner community:

He's saying that bans for scamming on bp.tf do not mark users on SR.

He wants bp.tf scamming bans to automatically marks users on SR.

I will call the puddingpolice on you for slandering the capabilities of our mods WEEEOOOOO WEEEEOOOOO WEEEEEOOOOOOO

On topic, I don't really see the point of this. There's plenty of websites to report scammers, and I doubt it's even worth it. If I was brad I'd just leave the page mostly as it is, get that internet money and not bother with the huge extra effort that it takes to be a partner community.

Edit: I mean if bp.tf's system to ban people as scammers is enough for SR, by all means. I have a feeling though that it won't be so easy.

I'm pretty sure Brad doesn't want that and that's why he didn't apply for it.

I don't disagree with him.^^

I'm pretty sure Brad doesn't want that and that's why he didn't apply for it.

I don't disagree with him.^^

This guy gets it. Brad doesn't want to, and why should he?

Because then bp.tf was made steamrep was a shitfest, outdated rules, questionable mods (http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/resigning-from-steamrep-staff.46425/), huge back log and not flexible at all. It is better now but still isnt what you can call great, when you think about it a forum used to report people is probably the least efficient way possible.

• Administrators

Lack of interest

Our scope is already too wide as it is and I'm not interested in adding this to the roster

Lack of interest

Our scope is already too wide as it is and I'm not interested in adding this to the roster

how about the widget?

how about the widget?

Why would we even want to do that, it shows the purpose of the website and the website's name

Looks aren't everything when it comes to buttons.

This has actually come up in the past, several years ago, and the mod team generally agreed that it was not an effective use of our time.

Obviously, our staff has changed and the site is much bigger now. Given SteamRep's extremely poor staffing at the moment, however, I don't think that enough has changed to warrant pursuing it.

• 3 weeks later...

Bp.tf already gets enough traffic. Imo, people generally check both steamrep AND bp.tf bans before trading higher tier items. So bp.tf is already used to screen people... No additional need for traffic too... Bp.tf gets plenty of traffic as it is. Steamrep is extremely staffed. 

Archived