Booting trouble windows 7

trikster

It all started when my laptop started crashing playing different games. I found out that it was because Relevant-Knowledge app wasnt responding. Failed to delete it myself I used spyhunter to delete it for me. After restarting my laptop my windows 7 failed to boot. Took me some time to find the solution for it and the only way to boot it was typing "grub> root (hd0,0) grub> chainloader /bootmgr_ grub> boot". This allows me to boot laptop, however its a one-time solution. Can anyone help me to fix this issue long-term please? 

I cant access bios in order to format my C and inserting windows 7 disc makes no difference :/ how do i format it without entering bios or how to force to enter bios? someone please help :/

I cant access bios in order to format my C and inserting windows 7 disc makes no difference :/ how do i format it without entering bios or how to force to enter bios? someone please help :/

I feel like unplugging all other storage forms (hard drives, etc.) would force the BiOS to use the inserted disc when it finds nothing to boot with. However that then brings up the question of what are you installing the OS on. AwesomeMCN would probably have a better answer.

If I had to guess, I would say use another computer to reformat and wipe the drive, then put it back into the laptop and boot. Since it won't find an OS on the HDD, that should force it to boot off the disc per the boot menu. 

Probably the reason the disc doesn't do anything is because the boot order is set to put the hard drive first. What you would have to do is change the boot order to put the disc drive first on the list. Though I'm not exactly sure what prevents you from accessing BIOS. Are you pressing the right button at startup? Anyway from what I can that Relevant-Knowledge program was some kind of malware that made changes to important system files so deleting it broke windows in some way. If you can get the disc running you should be able to repair your installation with it.

So you're holding down the button to enter the bios and it just doesn't and boots straight into windows? (make sure you're holding down the right button as all devices are different). 

Anyway, you don't actually have to boot into the bios, you can boot into the bios and change the boot options or just boot into the boot options menu (again, look up what that button is -- it will usually be prompted at some point during the posting process, but you can just look it up based on your model if it doesn't). 

Archived