Where can shark attempts be reported?

Sheep Farmer

This guy, stekNG, added me. He said he wanted my Vivid Plasma Noh Mercy.(450 Key)

| steamname: stekNG

| steam3ID: [u:1:194435340]

| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:97217670

He send me a trade offer, http://pasteboard.co/28vuMoib.png, http://pasteboard.co/28vA5u9e.png. Miami Nights Defiant Spartan+Disco Beat Down Sober Stuntman+ Blizzardy Storm Handyman's Handle+Pro.kS Australium Frontier. ( around 65 Keys)

While this may seem like the usual lowball, but when I asked him about it, its clear he had intent to trick me. As seen In the photo. http://pasteboard.co/28vV08xH.png

I want to report him.

He seems like the kind that 'is just playing around'

There's no need to report this.

If you're really intent on doing it, iirc TF2OP or FoG are the places to do it

Reporting is the best way to teach a lesson to people like this. I've heard that Harpoon Gaming handles sharking reports, but I might have some old info.

He seems like the kind that 'is just playing around'

There's no need to report this.

If you're really intent on doing it, iirc TF2OP or FoG are the places to do it

^ Not sure he'd get banned

OP only handles it if it actually happened, and it's 10% or less (20% if you're new to the game)

Reporting is the best way to teach a lesson to people like this. I've heard that Harpoon Gaming handles sharking reports, but I might have some old info.

Harpoon might handle it, but I doubt it.

• Administrators

Oh, I looked at your report before I saw this thread. So... I ignored the report, but I have left a neg trust on his backpack.tf profile for now just to give other users considering trading with him a little heads up.

FYI harpoon does handle shark reports and will caution, but they take forever and its not reliable. OP is the best place to get sharks banned, bptf requires extremely clear chat records and such.

FYI harpoon does handle shark reports and will caution, but they take forever and its not reliable. OP is the best place to get sharks banned, bptf requires extremely clear chat records and such.

They won't handle it in this case unfortunately.

Harpoon is definitely the best place to go. 

Maybe FoG would look at it, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

i've every days trade offer lowball at less 2-3 per days with 3 keys in items for a unusual or a 15 keys unusual for a 50 keys unusual isn't a probleme don't wasted your time to report is just a dumb guy tring to make profit maybe -trust him on bp tf but nothing more

edit true him is worst than almost orther lowballer

Not sure I understand most of the responses here.

Guy was just playing around? What he would have given the hat back if Sheep accepted?

I mean...it's only about a 400 key difference.

Some sites only care if you actually lost the hat.

Others only care if you have evidence (which you do) but they won't handle it in this case....?

Glad I barely trade anymore as shit like this just seems to be make up the rules as you go or depends on "who" you know.

Some "sharks" are just "lucky traders" while others are the scum of the community.

It's just a prank bro!

You can't get mad!

You can't get mad!

[/bs]

I'd report him to anywhere that would listen. The guy is a moron.

• Administrators

edit:nvm

from what teeny said, sounds like you didn't include chat logs in the bptf report :? 

He did, but we don't generally ban for sharking here unless there is proof that someone was lying or using misleading information, like faking offers on their hat to make the user think it was worth more than it was, or trying to convince the user that the hat being offered on was worth less than it was. Any line between lowball and shark is gonna be fairly arbitrary. The accused was obviously hoping that maybe he wouldn't know what it was worth and accept, which is why I left a neg trust for him so that users have some warning of potentially deceptive trading practices.

You can go ahead and report it on OP and they'll ban him, most other sites will follow if you point at the fact Outpost did if you really want to press on it

It's pretty self-contradictory you absolutely need chat logs to prove someone tried to shark you, it allows for the sharking of dumb/new traders who, if didn't check their item's price on the countless pricing sites, sure as hell aren't going to save every chat log. I recently tried to report some dude who sharked a C9 tipped lid off some really dumb kid, all the evidence was screaming he got sharked, so did his trade history (he got a sf gl and a s brass beast for it), but OP turned it down because they were somehow expecting him to have the logs.

The shark also left him a negative reputation rating on bp.tf for asking for his item back... I don't even.

A simple solution would be for Steam to implement a chat log history (like Skype's chat log history), then again there's probably a good reason as to why it hasn't been done yet

Archived