'Bot' spamming of classies

Adolf Storms

Backpack.tf should impliment something that doesn't allow you to post multiples of an item. so tired of seeing trading 'bots' listing 10 of the same friggin item to clog up a whole page and make people drop prices. My 2 cents. Has led to a lot of stupid prices lately. Look at the bearded bombardier, 2 pages almost with the same 2 "people's" ads. ridiculous.

it's called them having ten of those items and selling all ten. it's impossible to make ten classies for one item

If there's that many available at such a low price, then the drop might be deserved. Spirit has been doing this a lot with strange weapons lately lmao. 

it's like when walmart comes into a small town... all the little businesses shrivel up and die. Reason #3 y trading has taken a hit this last year. That's all i'm sayin :)

doesn't a human still need to manually list the items in the classifieds?  I didn't think there was a trade bot that was able to log into bptf and list stuff autonomously

and we're not gonna limit large volume traders just 'cause you don't like it :u

Backpack.tf should impliment something that doesn't allow you to post multiples of an item. so tired of seeing trading 'bots' listing 10 of the same friggin item to clog up a whole page and make people drop prices. My 2 cents. Has led to a lot of stupid prices lately. Look at the bearded bombardier, 2 pages almost with the same 2 "people's" ads. ridiculous.

So you're mad because you had item(s) that you couldn't successfully sell for as much as you wanted because of high supply.

Okay, fine. You expressed your feelings; but no, nothing should be done about it. It's working as intended and no one actually cares that you're mad ;)

It's the way backpack.tf automatic is programmed. It can't sell multiple of the same item, only ones that are listed.

it's called them having ten of those items and selling all ten. it's impossible to make ten classies for one item

Sounds like stupid, and I already saw people filling classfields this way, preventing the view for other traders.

I think there should be an automatic function that merges all the trades of the same item of the same trader and with the same stats (so no different strange or paint or else) in an unique trade for multiple items.

I believe that way would be more fair for other traders, but also for buyers that are looking for someone else to trade with (think when the items are already sold, or the trader spamming has trade hold you want to avoid, or you are sick of waiting for a reply that he/she doesn't give, and so you are looking for someone else to trade with)

----------

"we"?

What's the difference between a page full of classifieds from the same seller and a page full of classifieds from different sellers? Both situations basically show that the item being sold is high in supply. 

What's the difference between a page full of classifieds from the same seller and a page full of classifieds from different sellers? Both situations basically show that the item being sold is high in supply.

For the reasons I stated just before your post

High supply ≠ You are allowed to spam

And also free market doesn't mean you can create unfair competition.

Let's pretend I buy 50 keys, and for each one of them I create a single submission in Classfields at the same price of the lowest available at that time, and that I will constantly bump them all.

This way I am creating unfair competition, preventing others to get visibility and concentrating it all to me.

For the buyers side, if I finish all my supply in bulk selling, or I have trade hold, or I reply days after, or I refuse to trade, I am creating discomfort to them, creating a time loss.

You just don't want to sell your stuff for 0.11 ref cheaper than bp price :/

I believe that way would be more fair for other traders, but also for buyers that are looking for someone else to trade with (think when the items are already sold, or the trader spamming has trade hold you want to avoid, or you are sick of waiting for a reply that he/she doesn't give, and so you are looking for someone else to trade with)

Frankly, as a buyer, I don't care. I want my item, and I want it fast, easy, hassle-free. Bots don't have trade hold (except trade.tf bot sometimes), they have a large stock of items, and why do I need their reply, it's not like I'm offering an unusual for another unusual, I'm paying pure for an item. I find that most of people don't mind paying 0.11 - 0.33 ref more if that means they can get the item instantly through a bot or bp automatic system.

I don't see how this is unfair competition. If "preventing others to get visibility and concentrating it all to me" is unfair, the whole advertising and branding industry won't exist in the first place. 

doesn't a human still need to manually list the items in the classifieds?  I didn't think there was a trade bot that was able to log into bptf and list stuff autonomously

actually that's not really true about the listing classified part lol

Each user has a limit to how many classifieds they can list. If they don't exceed that number through the use of multiple accounts, they are free to use every single slot for the same item at the same price, as long as they're all within the rules. 

Each user has a limit to how many classifieds they can list. If they don't exceed that number through the use of multiple accounts, they are free to use every single slot for the same item at the same price, as long as they're all within the rules. 

and when they do exceed that number through the use of multiple accounts, what then?

in any case, bulk resellers are killing the trade in this game. It's not escrow. Escrow is an inconvenience suffered by some, but bulk resellers are resulting in an overall pricing collapse. save tf2. save the trading side-game. reduce the number of classifieds available and ban users with obvious multiple accounts that are spamming the shit out of classifieds.

and when they do exceed that number through the use of multiple accounts, what then?

in any case, bulk resellers are killing the trade in this game. It's not escrow. Escrow is an inconvenience suffered by some, but bulk resellers are resulting in an overall pricing collapse. save tf2. save the trading side-game. reduce the number of classifieds available and ban users with obvious multiple accounts that are spamming the shit out of classifieds.

If you think bulk re-sellers are the reason the economy in tf2 is "collapsing", then you don't understand basic economics.

There is something called supply and demand.

There is a massive supply of hats and not enough demand, this brings prices down regardless of who sells it. Don't blame the bots, if anything they're the reason you can have many hats instead of one.

Wait. You think the economy is crashing because people are selling stuff at a lower price so it moves quickly? The fuck?

This is like getting mad at Walmart for selling chips for a quarter a bag cheaper than your local grocery store.

Seriously, this is basic economics. While people want the highest possible profits, it's sometimes better to sell at a lower margin, but at a higher volume. If I can sell an item for 1 ref profit and make 5 trades a week, whereas if I sold it for only .33 profit, but would make 50 trades a week, I'll go with the latter every time as while I lose out on the individual sales, I'm coming out ahead in the long term.

You just don't want to sell your stuff for 0.11 ref cheaper than bp price :/

Frankly, as a buyer, I don't care. I want my item, and I want it fast, easy, hassle-free. Bots don't have trade hold (except trade.tf bot sometimes), they have a large stock of items, and why do I need their reply, it's not like I'm offering an unusual for another unusual, I'm paying pure for an item. I find that most of people don't mind paying 0.11 - 0.33 ref more if that means they can get the item instantly through a bot or bp automatic system.

I don't see how this is unfair competition. If "preventing others to get visibility and concentrating it all to me" is unfair, the whole advertising and branding industry won't exist in the first place.

I'd like to point out that I'm not talking of bots only, but mostly other users, maybe even noobs in trades, that purposely fill pages of classfields to get attenction. Bots are less likely to spam like that after all (and depending on the item they can finish their supply pretty quick).

I'd like to point out that I'm not talking of bots only, but mostly other users, maybe even noobs in trades, that purposely fill pages of classfields to get attenction. Bots are less likely to spam like that after all (and depending on the item they can finish their supply pretty quick).

Well the guy before you already explain all this.

Seriously, this is basic economics. While people want the highest possible profits, it's sometimes better to sell at a lower margin, but at a higher volume. If I can sell an item for 1 ref profit and make 5 trades a week, whereas if I sold it for only .33 profit, but would make 50 trades a week, I'll go with the latter every time as while I lose out on the individual sales, I'm coming out ahead in the long term.

TL;DR

let_it_go__by_jan_jane-d73khqj.gif

Archived