Steam is planning to increase Trade hold duration. Your Thoughts?

OverduePixels

• Administrators

So simply put...Steam is planning to increase the Trade hold from 3 days to 15 days!

Thats not all folks, the trade hold duration is also getting an increase on S.C.M as well. From 3 days to 15 days.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/20631/

They will also no longer restore items that have successfully traded. 

What are your thoughts on this?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we'll be seeing a lot more

"BUYING QUICKSELLS 30% OFF 

If you don't have moblie uathenticated, 99% off!"

• Administrators

I think we'll be seeing a lot more

"BUYING QUICKSELLS 30% OFF 

If you don't have moblie uathenticated, 99% off!"

I for one would most definitely charge if I have to go through 15 days trade hold. I had no problem with 3 days, but 15 days can harm you in a lot of ways.

adding it to market is good, but 15 days is pretty extreme

but the support is slow as fuck with returning accs so i guess it balances out

people who weren't escrow free before this were kinda shunned, now they'll just be cancerous

also that feel when valve forces you to have a smart phone (ignoring desktop authenticator) to really trade

"Let's promote the cellular device industry" 

I'm ready for the inevitable "Steam Phone" announcement at E3. I'm on to you bastards.

I think that they dont want people trading or using the market anymore.

I have SMA and i dont want to use the market or trade anymore

"We want to make sure that our users have their accounts as safe as can be so that we don't have to deal with them having legitimate complaints anymore. Also, if there is a hole in our program, screw you, we're not returning your items. kthxbai."

HA! 15 days will go in no time, you accept your trade and life already passes by you. By the time those 15 days passed, you already think the trade finished yesterday.

In my opinion they should hold the items for at least 6 months, that way you can gradually learn the insignificance of those items as you continue to live your daily life.

Wont affect me much, i have only encountered a few trades where the other guy didn't have authenticator and i wouldnt have cared if they canceled it anyways. Their trade ban ^^

With a 15 day hold, Backpack.tf should issue a temp site ban if people with 15 day holds cancel. (it it's non-related to hijacking)

I feel as while Steam is trying to make trading more and more idiot proof, Steam users will simply retaliate with a better idiot.

I don't mind 3 day trade holds personally, but 15 days? wtf.

Please continue to provide your feedback and account security ideas in the Steam forums and elsewhere on the web.

Ok, sure:

Fuck. You. 

I dont understand why valve keep doing weird shit like this. The game is losing popularity anyway, so why make it that people have to wait now? people are lazy, and some people dont have phones. This is gonna be interesting, im still curious to see if this could be the final nail in the coffin

THEY ALL FUCKING DESERVE TO BURN. EVERY ONE OF THEM. FUCK THEM ALL. FUCKING PRICKS. DSHDFGDSGFJHDSFG

Sorry. Anyways, rip everyone who doN DFSA HJGBFDGBVNDGHVFHGJDHG esnt have the authenticator. If I didn't i'd kill myself. rip.

FFS KEYS IN THE MANN CO STORE GO UP AND NOW I HAVE TO WAIT HALF A FUKIN MONTH TO TRADE I WANT TO KILL MYSELF SO MUCH. post-23444-0-32849800-1456905312_thumb.gif

Archived