Does Making a Listing that Make People with trade Holds Pay More. Breaking the Rules?

NatsumeHack

One I mean by this is.

Let's say A person is selling a  Dread Hiding Hood, for 3 ref.

But the notes with the listing says. "Willing to trade with People that have trade holds if they give me a extra Rec for free."

Is this Breaking the rules?

But the notes with the listing says. "Willing to trade with People that have trade holds if they give me a extra Rec for free."

Is this Breaking the rules?

As I understand it, yes that's breaking the rules. The problem here isn't discriminating against people with trade holds--they are bad at trading and should feel bad--it's asking for more in the notes than the price you listed.

To illustrate: you could list it for 3.33 and say "3 ref (1 rec. discount!) if no trade holds; 3.33 if you have any holds" in the notes and that'd be fine, because you're not charging anyone more than your listed price, you're just offering a discount for people who have their shit together.

You can also decline offers from people with trade holds, although declining offers for your price in pure can (theoretically) get you in trouble if you do it excessively.

If you don't want to decline, the best option may be to simply ignore trade offers that have trade holds and let them expire/go invalid because someone traded something.

Okay, Just wanted to know, as I have come across more then a few notes from classified listings with these types of notes.  

Thanks.

Archived