Be able to gift premium with items instead of Paypal

[Unactive Account]

I know that it is already possible to get Premium with items for yourself. For me and possibly other people, I enjoy that you can pay with items instead of paypal because it gives us the opportunity to contribute without the restriction of a credit card. Some people also like the security of using items instead of their paypal account. But I noticed that if you want to gift premium you need to pay using paypal only. There is no option to use items. My idea is to allow payment using items to gift premium to someone else. I know you can already pay with items to get premium yourself, I just don't understand why you can't when you are gifting it to someone else.

• Administrators

It would. I would have to rewrite half of the bot to take a context for whether we want to gift premium or not. Right now it's wired to only give Premium to the trader.

Then I would also have to test it. I don't have a prepared test environment for dealing with Steam bots right now, and it's very annoying to configure because of all the things Valve added (Steam Guard, limits, escrow, etc, etc...).

Steam bot development is currently my least favorite thing so I won't be doing it.

It would. I would have to rewrite half of the bot to take a context for whether we want to gift premium or not. Right now it's wired to only give Premium to the trader.

Then I would also have to test it. I don't have a prepared test environment for dealing with Steam bots right now, and it's very annoying to configure because of all the things Valve added (Steam Guard, limits, escrow, etc, etc...).

Steam bot development is currently my least favorite thing so I won't be doing it.

so your saying that you won't do it?

isn't there another dev who could? no offence

so your saying that you won't do it?

isn't there another dev who could? no offence

Mckay could do it, but that's not the point. I think this is a very minor issue that would take a lot of work to fix, and there are a lot of problems that are much more important that are still unsolved, it's not really the best time to be fixing something like this if it will take a while. if it were a few clicks, I am sure they'd have done it already.

Archived