What to buy to upgrade my computer

Happysedits

Currently, this is my specs 

nMwjMdp.png

i wanna upgrade anything in someway, mainly used for gaming.

wich should i buy to match good with other

not going for more than 300$

What games do you play? Also, open up your case and take a picture of the label on your PSU. Is the system from Dell/HP/some other prebuilt? 

What games do you play? Also, open up your case and take a picture of the label on your PSU. Is the system from Dell/HP/some other prebuilt? 

TF2, CS:GO, Trackmania and some other from time to time http://steamcommunity.com/id/Happysedits/games/ 

OAKLSnf.png

Bought as gaming setup 5 years ago, only RAM and Graphic card upgraded, both like year ago

TF2, CS:GO, Trackmania and some other from time to time http://steamcommunity.com/id/Happysedits/games/ 

Bought as gaming setup 5 years ago, only RAM and Graphic card upgraded, both like year ago

Wait...you upgraded to a GT610, what did it come with 5 years ago that a gt610 was an "upgrade" for a "gaming setup"? Who is it from? If it's from Dell/HP then the motherboard is probably trash and you can't overclock; but if it's from some boutique builder then it may be of a high enough quality to do so. 

Wait...you upgraded to a GT610, what did it come with 5 years ago that a gt610 was an "upgrade" for a "gaming setup"? Who is it from? If it's from Dell/HP then the motherboard is probably trash and you can't overclock; but if it's from some boutique builder then it may be of a high enough quality to do so. 

we picked it with my father on computer shop known only in 10 kilometes around where i live xD no big one

we picked it with my father on computer shop known only in 10 kilometes around where i live xD no big one

Take a picture of the motherboard then. 

-snip-

Oh goody, it's a good motherboard. Okay, right around where the GPU is (possibly underneath it), the motherboard model should be written (you can also go into the bios and check there if that's easier for you). 

Here's my pending recommendation: Buy a new CPU cooler, a new PSU, a 4gb GTX960, and overclock the CPU ($300~ at least in the US). With that in mind, you can also go with something cheaper and just throw in a GTX950 ($150~) and get good enough performance because the games your'e playing are very easy to run (but a 960 is a much better card in terms of future proofing). You can also technically run a GTX960 on your currently psu, but it's really not a very good psu, so it isn't something I would particularly recommend. 

Oh goody, it's a good motherboard. Okay, right around where the GPU is (possibly underneath it), the motherboard model should be written (you can also go into the bios and check there if that's easier for you). 

Here's my pending recommendation: Buy a new CPU cooler, a new PSU, a 4gb GTX960, and overclock the CPU ($300~ at least in the US). With that in mind, you can also go with something cheaper and just throw in a GTX950 ($150~) and get good enough performance because the games your'e playing are very easy to run (but a 960 is a much better card in terms of future proofing). You can also technically run a GTX960 on your currently psu, but it's really not a very good psu, so it isn't something I would particularly recommend. 

wich PSU should i buy? how much better?

and i dont wanna overlock the CPU because i saw somewhere that CPU sooner dies, i would rather buy new CPU, wich one then

the currect motherboard has broken USB, cant connect USB to it, even if i reisntalled windows 2 times, and sometimes my second disc wont connect (D), and idk if I can fix that somehow thxn buying new motherboard, that would cost alot and i would rather fix it 

wich PSU should i buy? how much better?

and i dont wanna overlock the CPU because i saw somewhere that CPU sooner dies, i would rather buy new CPU, wich one then

the currect motherboard has broken USB, cant connect USB to it, even if i reisntalled windows 2 times, and sometimes my second disc wont connect (D), and idk if I can fix that somehow thxn buying new motherboard, that would cost alot and i would rather fix it 

The PSU will depend on what's available in your area. And one that isn't a piece of shit. 

Even an overclocked CPU will outlive it's usefulness (so long as you don't do anything stupid -- like run it at 100ºc or at too high a voltage). You're better off overclocking and getting more free performance (well, at the cost of a $30~ cooler) then spending money on a cpu and getting a weaker GPU. 

The PSU will depend on what's available in your area. And one that isn't a piece of shit. 

Even an overclocked CPU will outlive it's usefulness (so long as you don't do anything stupid -- like run it at 100ºc or at too high a voltage). You're better off overclocking and getting more free performance (well, at the cost of a $30~ cooler) then spending money on a cpu and getting a weaker GPU. 

uh, i dont really wanna do that overlorlocking, isnt bying new CPU same as overlocking the old one?

uh, i dont really wanna do that overlorlocking, isnt bying new CPU same as overlocking the old one?

Buying a new cpu would be better, but not if it forces you to get a weaker GPU. 

Buying a new cpu would be better, but not if it forces you to get a weaker GPU. 

wait, gpu is processor for mobiles i think, why would i buy gpu

(or what do you mean?)

wait, gpu is processor for mobiles i think, why would i buy gpu

(or what do you mean?)

CPU = processor (both mobile and desktop) 

GPU = graphics card 

CPU = processor (both mobile and desktop) 

GPU = graphics card 

oh well i messed up there xD

anyway, im buying the new both gpu and cpu then

oh well i messed up there xD

anyway, im buying the new both gpu and cpu then

Then get a bigger budget, because $300 won't be enough to buy anything worthwhile. 

Then get a bigger budget, because $300 won't be enough to buy anything worthwhile. 

ugh the sellers of the computer parts's site is not working, ill wait when its up and tell u what then i considered

ill maybe pass the budget then

Wait let me see if I'm getting this right. You're telling OP to buy new parts and overclock an i3? As far as I know they're all locked.

The first gen core-i series wasn't locked.

Archived