Constant Stuttering issues in CSGO

Buy my mixtape fam

So, I've noticed over the last 2-3 days an increase in freezing for CSGO, and it really has ramped up in the last day. Here are my specs:

i7, 24gb of ram, gtx 640, 500gb of ssd

I am able to maintain 60 fps all max settings, ping <15.

My issue is that whenever I round a corner, or start firing at an enemy, or 2-3 of the other team suddenly enter my view, my game just freezes for a good 2-3 seconds and I have to wait for it to stop. It's virtually unplayable right now because it happens every time I round a corner or go for a kill.

Does anyone have a potential fix to this?

edit: just noticed same thing happens in tf2 (although less frequent)

So, I've noticed over the last 2-3 days an increase in freezing for CSGO, and it really has ramped up in the last day. Here are my specs:

i7, 24gb of ram, gtx 640, 500gb of ssd

I am able to maintain 60 fps all max settings, ping <15.

My issue is that whenever I round a corner, or start firing at an enemy, or 2-3 of the other team suddenly enter my view, my game just freezes for a good 2-3 seconds and I have to wait for it to stop. It's virtually unplayable right now because it happens every time I round a corner or go for a kill.

Does anyone have a potential fix to this?

I remember a reddit post about one of the CSGO lounge team players having thiss issue. Let me see if I can't find it and link it to you.

Edit: Couldn't find it again but you could try https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2mgx9d/fps_dropstutter_fixes_inside/ this.

Is anything running in the background? What's your CPU, GPU, and RAM usage and temperatures when the stuttering occurs? 

Chrome and Spotify are the only things open, which is what I've always ran. CPU spikes between 10-20% (at 3% when I idle with cs in background), ram is at 4.7/24. Core temp is ~74 Celsius.

Chrome and Spotify are the only things open, which is what I've always ran. CPU spikes between 10-20% (at 3% when I idle with cs in background), ram is at 4.7/24. Core temp is ~74 Celsius.

If you want the 'easy' suggestion, I would format and reinstall windows. That will probably fix it and save you from having to figure out exactly what's going on. (you could also try uninstalling and reinstalling CSGO first and/or uninstalling/reinstalling GPU drivers)

How much VRAM do you have? and are you running multi monitor?

4gb, and no, 1 monitor setup.

If you want the 'easy' suggestion, I would format and reinstall windows. That will probably fix it and save you from having to figure out exactly what's going on. (you could also try uninstalling and reinstalling CSGO first and/or uninstalling/reinstalling GPU drivers)

I'll try reinstalling my GPU drivers, if nothing else works I'll end up reinstalling windows. Thanks

edit: just opened up tf2 to play, noticed same thing happening there as well 

4gb, and no, 1 monitor setup.

I'll try reinstalling my GPU drivers, if nothing else works I'll end up reinstalling windows. Thanks

edit: just opened up tf2 to play, noticed same thing happening there as well (although less frequent)

It definitely sounds like some software issue (whether it be an issue with the game files, drivers, OS, or a virus/malware). Run an antivirus (AVG) and malwarebytes just to be safe. 

It definitely sounds like some software issue (whether it be an issue with the game files, drivers, OS, or a virus/malware). Run an antivirus (AVG) and malwarebytes just to be safe. 

Yeah, already running one. If it comes up negative I'll fish around for more answers, isn't a coincidence it's happening for both games.

Yeah, already running one. If it comes up negative I'll fish around for more answers, isn't a coincidence it's happening for both games.

It could just be an issue with Nvidia's latest driver. 

It could just be an issue with Nvidia's latest driver. 

Well I updated my driver (it's been a while since I have), at this point I'm just gonna wait and see where it goes. Prior to the update, I had a great DM on Mirage, we switched to d_II and it was stuttery as hell. After the update I had a great match on Train, then an okay (little bit of stuttering) match on d_II. I'm just going to stick with it for now, see where it goes. Thanks for the help

well i have no idea about specs and shit, but my laptop is quite shit running tf2 so what i did was literally just make it run at directx8, don't know if its related to csgo, as tf2 has some "framerate" problem for forever.

well i have no idea about specs and shit, but my laptop is quite shit running tf2 so what i did was literally just make it run at directx8, don't know if its related to csgo, as tf2 has some "framerate" problem for forever.

As I said, it isn't a framerate issue...

Also I think the problem here is my graphics card. I start out a game stutter free, but as I progress playing CS for longer and longer, the stutters start to build up. Probably can't handle it.

As I said, it isn't a framerate issue...

Also I think the problem here is my graphics card. I start out a game stutter free, but as I progress playing CS for longer and longer, the stutters start to build up. Probably can't handle it.

If that was the case you'd be studying from the beginning and/or your gpu usage would spike to 100%.

Archived