Be able to price Objectors with decals on them

[Unactive Account]

I am not saying that There should be a price for each different type of decal but there should be a price to differitiate the decaled ones from the plain objectors because I have been able to sell them for far greater amounts than 0.22 ref (what a plain objector is worth). 

I don't think this would be very useful, people normally only pay more for objectors with decals if they like they decal... and you can't really put a price on that :P

I don't think this would be very useful, people normally only pay more for objectors with decals if they like they decal... and you can't really put a price on that :P

Oh because I have seen people sell them at 1.33 ref. I have never seen people sell them for the same amount as plain objectors. We should have a price for general ones. people can sell them for more if they are selling a collection

I hope i am saying this right.

That's like saying we should price hats with low craft numbers on them (not each individual number from 1 to 100, but just to differentiate the ones with low crafts from the plain old craft hats). These are items that collectors would search for, and you can't put a price tag on it.

That's like saying we should price hats with low craft numbers on them (not each individual number from 1 to 100, but just to differentiate the ones with low crafts from the plain old craft hats). These are items that collectors would search for, and you can't put a price tag on it.

The only difference is that people will always pay more for decaled versions while for craft numbers will sometimes be sold for the same price as the original price. Also there are only one version of the craft hat. 

I hope I am saying this right

1) The only difference is that people will always pay more for decaled versions

2) craft numbers will sometimes be sold for the same price as the original price

How are you so sure about that?

The only difference is that people will always pay more for decaled versions while for craft numbers will sometimes be sold for the same price as the original price. Also there are only one version of the craft hat. 

I have never once sold a decal'd objector for more than the normal objector price. 99% of people won't give two shits what random decal it happens to have on it. 

So no, decal'd objectors shouldn't have a unique price. 

I have never once sold a decal'd objector for more than the normal objector price. 99% of people won't give two shits what random decal it happens to have on it. 

So no, decal'd objectors shouldn't have a unique price. 

The only thing I am going to say is that I sold a decaled one literally 2 hours ago for 1.33 ref.

But its what the staff thinks. They might think that this is a bad idea. I could see how it would be a bad idea too. So its up to them to decide as well

An option to make them different would be nice, something simple, because unlike others I have sold objectors with decals for far greater price, usually +1ref, but it takes ages since it's buried in the classifieds.

I think just a tag like what craft numbers used to have would be better, to say that this item is different from regular versions of it, and that it may be worth more because of it.

Different people will value different decals at different amounts, so I don't think it's a good idea to put one price on for all of them. Whereas going with a warning would show that it's potentially worth more, without actually saying how much more.

They won't always pay more for decaled versions. They might pay more for certain decal, but I certainly wouldn't pay more for a lot of decals.

I think you've got that backwards. The only times I've ever seen a craft <100 hat sell for normal prices were when the seller apparently hadn't done enough trading to know it was anything special. And #s over 100 aren't worth mentioning, unless it's 420 or one of a very few others.

Decal tools are cheap (~2 ref), so anyone with a tineye and 2 ref. can recreate your sign. The only exception would be the full-color signs, which I've definitely seen people charging more for (I haven't checked lately, I don't know if you even still have to jump through hoops to get full-color signs or not.) Even that is/was usually sold as a service where they'd make it for you, rather than an upgrade in the value of the sign itself.

So while signs w/ pictures -can- be sold for more sometimes, it's different than a unique craft # because while everyone considers the <100 craft item to be worth more (though obviously they don't agree on how much more), most people don't consider an objector w/ a picture to be worth more, and generally won't pay more for some random objector w/ a random decal.

The only difference is that people will always pay more for decaled versions.

Depends on the taste of the buyer. 

for craft numbers will sometimes be sold for the same price as the original price

pat1.gif

But seriously, when has that ever happened to a competent trader? All trades of that kind are usually because the seller doesn't have enough trading knowledge.

At best, I think a warning would do. But having separate prices for them probably wouldn't happen.

Archived