Trade Banned.....Well this should be fun...

AwesomeMcCoolName

UPDATE: 

Trade ban status has been cleared up, but they took away an unusual marauder+other crap...

Is there anyway i could get these items back? Any argument to use? These items were apparently hijacked and i ended up buying them with PP....

Steams Email: 

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Our records show that you received a number of items/gifts that were stolen from hijacked Steam accounts. We have removed all of these items/gifts from your account. Any items/gifts that were obtained by trading stolen ones have also been removed.

To avoid receiving stolen items/gifts, please refrain from purchasing items/gifts directly from other users, especially when offered lower than market price or bulk quantities. Additionally, do not accept items or gifts for free from unknown users.

Please consider Community Market and official Dota 2 and TF2 item stores as safe alternatives for item purchases in the future:

band from which site?

or valve?

tell them that you made an honest mistake.

The problem is, valve TOS is strictly against paypal trading.

The problem is, valve TOS is strictly against paypal trading.

Forgot about that. Well, thats why you check steamrep before each paypal trade

Though I understand why they hate paypal

detracts from steam market=they get no money

This is terribad.

SR was down at the time, and i had checked a 4 day old archive...

And without Paypal tf2 trading would be non-existant, and they know that...So cracking down on it is really stupid.. (hell, if they really tried to crack down on it, it wouldn't be hard--just ban anyone who does 1-sided trades or mentions cash/$/USD in chat.

Hey hey, there are plenty of people who don't trade using real money...

Anyway, the only thing you can do at this point is contact valve, tell them about steamrep being down, your situation and circumstances, and sweet-talk them into shortening your tradeban. Worst thing that can happen is they don't do anything.

Valve seems to be particularly "unfriendly" towards ppl buying Keys for cash, especially from carders, lately. And since you also buy Keys for PayPal, I guess that's more likely the reason than dealing with so that is marked on SR.

Just ask samhudson333, he's having a lot of troubles lately, with both Valve and SR.

He even had a trade ban in the past that only got lifted after he promised to not do cash trading anymore, ofc he didn't...

Update: Pretty sure its just a trade lock...

So pheww

Also, i'm pretty sure its not the buying/selling keys (i haven't really bought anything in bulk that would make me think any have been carded). And the timing fits for it to have been for the buds.

Did you place at least 1 item in trade box? It's strongly recommended not to leave your offer section blank. I always put a crate or a weapon against a couple of buds if I buy any. Never got trade banned before. Anyway, hope you get your "banned" tag removed.

Did you place at least 1 item in trade box? It's strongly recommended not to leave your offer section blank. I always put a crate or a weapon against a couple of buds if I buy any. Never got trade banned before. Anyway, hope you get your "banned" tag removed.

I've talked to people who work for valve, and that really doesn't matter. TBh, valve doesn't really care if you do paypal trades. They only really care when something you deal with gets reported for one reason or another. Think about it, if valve really wanted to stop paypal trades they would just have a script to detect contents in a trade (1 crate for x keys is clearly imbalanced, and smth else is probably going on). Also, Valve could easily add a script to track the usage of $/cash/USD/money/etc... and then pay attention to the trades of anyone who mentions any of the above. Additionally, valve has no issues with using alt/idle/storage accounts.

Are you tradelocked/banned? Or just temp?

Trade locked, so it should (*cross fingers*) be cleared up shortly.

It happened to me too. ;_;

Wat'd you do? (You do pp trades? or did you just get some bad keys/items in a trade?)

Sucks dude, trade locking is not a fun thing. There's not much help the community can do for you except keeping you nice and warm while you settle this unfortunate debacle.

bump...

UPDATE: 

Trade ban status has been cleared up, but they took away an unusual marauder+other crap...

Is there anyway i could get these items back? Any argument to use? These items were apparently hijacked and i ended up buying them with PP....

Steams Email: 

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Our records show that you received a number of items/gifts that were stolen from hijacked Steam accounts. We have removed all of these items/gifts from your account. Any items/gifts that were obtained by trading stolen ones have also been removed.

To avoid receiving stolen items/gifts, please refrain from purchasing items/gifts directly from other users, especially when offered lower than market price or bulk quantities. Additionally, do not accept items or gifts for free from unknown users.

Please consider Community Market and official Dota 2 and TF2 item stores as safe alternatives for item purchases in the future:

Seems like all the speculation about Keys being the issue is obsolete now, or is it?

Did you pay the stuff that got taken away with PayPal too? Your BP history seems to suggest that. If so, can't you just chargeback?

Seems like all the speculation about Keys being the issue is obsolete now, or is it?

Did you pay the stuff that got taken away with PayPal too? Your BP history seems to suggest that. If so, can't you just chargeback?

No, i sold most of those buds/keys...(Also, i don't think that was it)...

Since all the items that were taken away were from one user, i'm assuming it was just the marauder+EA+FL+GBK Sticky (and my bp history seems to suggest that). 

Didn't look at your history too closely, only saw the jump and about the same fall in BP value.

If you traded the deleted items for buds/keys, shouldn't you at least get those back?

The e-mail Valve sent you mentions "purchase" (aka PP) and "free" (no item payment). Really odd they would delete your item that you traded for with buds/keys. If they do that all the time, where do all those dupes come from? Because the way you describe it, it seems like a textbook scenario where the items should be duped instead of deleted.

Hold up, Lemme clarify.....

I bought buds off of someone who turned out to be a scammer<---I assumed he was the reason i was trade locked.

A couple days later i bought a Smoking Marauder+other crap<--This was the stuff which was apparently hijacked.

Both were bought with paypal, and i sold most of the buds/keys for Paypal (and AFAIK none were taken away, just the unusual+random crap)

c1t7JA5.png

42xE9wO.png

There you go, chargeback the stuff that got deleted and everything should be fine.

I doubt Valve will give you those items back as they don't support PP. You could chargeback and get the items back too otherwise.

Since Valve does not concern itself with SR (scammers) either, I assume it's the hijacked stuff that you traded for PP that also triggered the trade ban.

It all makes sense to me now.

Already knew all that already, but and I'm gonna get in touch with the seller/helen rather than just abruptly charging back.

Damn, a 460$+ drop. That blows.

What all did they take? found it.

Also, Ramses, that is by far one of the most gorgeous actresses currently. Love Kristen Bell.

Mila Kunis is still numero uno.

Archived