Battery just stopped working....

aim.exe

I know I'm gonna get shit for this but I have an Alienware Mx18, (post 2012 if that means anything) and the battery just straight up failed one day. I have tried bios and done a complete scan, both to no avail( no viruses). I have heard I can just take the battery out and re short it, or just buy a new one. Im on Windows 10 and have had no problems so far. Any info would be great as I have tried a lot of stuff.

Thanks.

If your battery is dead, it's dead. I wouldn't go into a lot of techincal methods, I'd just buy a new one. 

And not to bash on Alienware, but I have had numerous bad experiences with how well they do after only a year or two. Most start overheating in no time, others can't contain battery life for shit, and other hardware failures. 

If you plan on buying a new computer, I'd advise against it. Besides, you can get much more power for your buck some place else :)

If your battery is dead, it's dead. I wouldn't go into a lot of techincal methods, I'd just buy a new one. 

And not to bash on Alienware, but I have had numerous bad experiences with how well they do after only a year or two. Most start overheating in no time, others can't contain battery life for shit, and other hardware failures. 

If you plan on buying a new computer, I'd advise against it. Besides, you can get much more power for your buck some place else :)

He mentioned pre-2012. In 2012 AW was bought out by dell. Before 2012 they were high quality but after dell acquired them the quality became trash.

He mentioned pre-2012. In 2012 AW was bought out by dell. Before 2012 they were high quality but after dell acquired them the quality became trash.

He said post tho and not pre.

Archived