Scammed on eBay

Pyrocide

I believe I am trying to be scammed by a buyer of some computer stuff on eBay. Says that the box was ripped open and "nothing was in the box" but when requested for pics he sends them 3 days later and says that "only the reciept was in the box". He had no prior knowlege that there was going to be a packing slip in the box, which he suggests is missing. Hes now wanting a full refund. Other than escalating to eBay support which almost always side with buyer, anything I can do? Gave my due dilligence of tracking info, even upgrading shipping to 2-day instead of ground, let him know that it was delievered 10 minutes after I get the status update from my FedEx app. I opened a case as a report against the buyer as these coincidences do not seem like coincidences anymore.

Smells like a sham also i doubt fedex would accept and send a half ripped opened box :l

If the box was ripped open why would he have the receipt...

Gather all the proof you need to fight his claim if he ever opens one. Once you've done that just ignore his requests. A scammer is trying to hustle you, likelihood of him opening a case while fulling knowing he'll lose is slim, so you'll be alright. On the small chance that he does open a claim, just provide the appropriate authorities all the proof you have to show you are correct that you gave the shit to him.

Hes already opened a case, how i knew he wanted a refund. Took the pics he gave me to FedEx and they said that it did not look tampered with. So his claim is gonna be escalated eventually. Once it was delivered I sent him a message through eBay messaging letting him know its there. After that what happens to it is not my fault and am no longer responsible for it. I live in a shadier part of DFW and have never had a problem with packages. Sucks for the buyer if it was opened by someone else, but unfortunately I wont be held accountable for it.

Been 2 days now after my last reply to the case showing proof of delivery and statement from FedEx that they will not do anything as the package was open post delivery. Nothing from buyer refuting any of the facts, just keeps repeating "submit refund". Think I won this one, hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived