I'm very confused on buyouts for price suggestions.

Dr. Barber

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, still new to the forums and it's very overwhelming.

So I've suggested a few unusual prices and I've received different feedback. So below is what I've come to understand in suggesting a price increase or decrease.

• You need two sales.
  • B/Os don't matter unless they're under your suggested range?
  • Offers don't matter for suggestions at all.

In this suggestion (http://backpack.tf/vote/id/526592df4cd7b841298b4568) people stated that B/Os don't matter for making a new price, but in this suggestion (http://backpack.tf/vote/id/52784fac4cd7b8085f8b456e) B/O apparently do matter.

I understand the other mistakes I've made in the other comments so really I'm asking if anyone can clarify how buyouts are used in price suggestions.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, still new to the forums and it's very overwhelming.

So I've suggested a few unusual prices and I've received different feedback. So below is what I've come to understand in suggesting a price increase or decrease.

• You need two sales.
  • B/Os don't matter unless they're under your suggested range?
  • Offers don't matter for suggestions at all.

In this suggestion (http://backpack.tf/vote/id/526592df4cd7b841298b4568) people stated that B/Os don't matter for making a new price, but in this suggestion (http://backpack.tf/vote/id/52784fac4cd7b8085f8b456e) B/O apparently do matter.

I understand the other mistakes I've made in the other comments so really I'm asking if anyone can clarify how buyouts are used in price suggestions.

B/Os don't matter unless they're under your suggested range?

B/Os work for lowering a price.

Ex. unusual priced 9-10 buds

B/O of 8, unsold 2 weeks

may warrant a drop.

unusual priced 8-9 buds with a B/O of 10 on op =/= a price raise.

Offers don't matter for suggestions at all.

This is not true.

Ex. unusual priced 8-9 buds

multiple people offering 10 pure

this may help your case if raising

unusual priced 9-10 buds

offer of 8 buds will not help your case.

• You need two sales.

the two sales only applies for pricing an unusual with currently no price and it is a new hat or new effect.

for simply raising/dropping a price you don't always need sales, but sales > everything in terms of proof so its best to include if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Another question since this thread is still up:

If I'm suggesting a price for an unusual and I have two sales for hats worth 4.5-5 and 4.8-6.8 what should be the range? 

I'm asking to understand calculating the range for unpriced hats. I assumed it was always taking the lowest value of the lowest hat and the highest value of the highest hat so in the case above I would have said 4.5-6.8.

Another question since this thread is still up:

If I'm suggesting a price for an unusual and I have two sales for hats worth 4.5-5 and 4.8-6.8 what should be the range? 

I'm asking to understand calculating the range for unpriced hats. I assumed it was always taking the lowest value of the lowest hat and the highest value of the highest hat so in the case above I would have said 4.5-6.8.

I would say middle price of every Unusual , multiplied with 0.9 to calcaluate overpay. At least that's how I always do it.

So:

4.75 *0.9 ~ 4.3

5.8*0.9 ~ 5.2

So you new suggested price: 4.3 - 5.2

Some people also take the lowest price of an Unusual in some cases, but you defenitely can't take the highest price of a hat as the high end. Also you have to consider overpayment in Unusuals, because they're usually valued less than pure buds.

In addition, did you take the original price of these hats? See here for mor einfos: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/4350-new-rule-use-original-suggested-values-of-unusuals/?hl=%2Bunusual+%2Boriginal

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully I can bump this but I have another question about Overpay.

If someone offers a Burning Flames Stately Steel Toe (2.5-3.4) on a Burning Flames Shooter's Sola Topi (2.5-3), would I calculate overpay on both hats or just the one being offered? 

If someone offers a Burning Flames Stately Steel Toe (2.5-3.4) on a Burning Flames Shooter's Sola Topi (2.5-3), would I calculate overpay on both hats or just the one being offered? 

Just the Toe I believe.

Remember to use the price that was set before the last passed suggestion. Take the mid-point of that range, and then multiply it by 0.9. 

EDIT: can you even use offers to change a price/as proof? I don't think you can. 

Just the Toe I believe.

Remember to use the price that was set before the last passed suggestion. Take the mid-point of that range, and then multiply it by 0.9. 

EDIT: can you even use offers to change a price/as proof? I don't think you can. 

you can use offers as your high-end, as long theyre not outliers.

Only the one being offered of course. Because you are setting a new price for the other one not the steel toe

Thanks for the help everyone. I've been referring back to this post often!

Another question :P

I've found a trade that's 4 weeks old. It was 40 keys for an unpriced unusual I am trying to price. Other trades have been in unusuals so I've calculated bud prices for them.

• Now, do I use the price of buds 4 weeks ago or the bud price now to calculate what the worth would be in buds for the range?

Bud were 16 keys so 40/16 = 2.5

Buds now are 18 so 40/18 = 2.2

• Do I still calculate overpay for pure offers?

~Thanks

Thanks for the help everyone. I've been referring back to this post often!

Another question :P

I've found a trade that's 4 weeks old. It was 40 keys for an unpriced unusual I am trying to price. Other trades have been in unusuals so I've calculated bud prices for them.

• Now, do I use the price of buds 4 weeks ago or the bud price now to calculate what the worth would be in buds for the range?

Bud were 16 keys so 40/16 = 2.5

Buds now are 18 so 40/18 = 2.2

• Do I still calculate overpay for pure offers?

~Thanks

Just use the 16 key price.

No overpay for pure obviuosly.

If I offer a hat worth 3 buds on a hat worth 2 and ask them to add do I still use overpay on my hat?

Yes. Overpay has to be applied to whomever offers. 

Archived