Wi-Fi problems

The Oddball

So, my router is a 5ghz router, and my network adapter is a 5ghz supported ac reciever. (built in with motherboard) https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z97PROWiFi_acand the 5ghz network does not show, so my network is very limited. There is no Windows 10 driver for the Wi-Fi, so that may be the problem. Also, when I connect to any netowork, the Wi-Fi adapter crashes. (disables and re-enables). Any idea how to fix both these problems?

3lV9t.png

WiFiInfoView showed that my main network is on 2.4ghz, and my extender network is on 2.4ghz BOTH DEVICES ARE 5GHZ CAPABLE.. There is a 5Ghz network shown, but mine doesn't show up. The ones that are highlighted are mine, 1st being the main, 2nd being the extender. This is not what I have my router set to, so I think this is user-side. My MacBook Pro shows both as AC 5ghz, so it's definitely this PC. THERE IS NO ETHERNET OPTION FOR ME. DO NOT SUGGEST IT.

If it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting then I think it might be a frequency problem. Is the router actually set to broadcast at 5Ghz or just 2.4?

If it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting then I think it might be a frequency problem. Is the router actually set to broadcast at 5Ghz or just 2.4?

Both. It uses a separate network for 5Ghz, but it doesn't show.

o4qV2.png

The main network is called "MrbCraft" and the 5Ghz is "MrbCraft-5G". The extender is "MrbCrafts" and connected to the 5G network.

ESeaQ0c.png

This is the MacBook Pro's view, showing the 5G is working fine.

this is gonna be the most abstract and retarded advice ever, but have you tried win7 with the same setup? i had issues with 10 causing wifi dropouts for me, went back to 7 and boom fixed, literally just like that. Sorry if not applicable or retarded^^

this is gonna be the most abstract and retarded advice ever, but have you tried win7 with the same setup? i had issues with 10 causing wifi dropouts for me, went back to 7 and boom fixed, literally just like that. Sorry if not applicable or retarded^^

I'm used to my windows 10 lmao

Tbh it could be any of a lot of different things, start by trial and error. Borrow a system the same ish spec from someone (if you can, big ask) and see if it will connect properly ect, experiment with wifi cards ect. Its one of those odd problems that we would have to be there in the flesh to fix. If you have already started with your mac laptop, which is working fine then i would say some issue between your pc and the wifi, something in that chain is having problems. If you dont have the legit driver installed, that is most likely your issue. I moved from win10 because of driver issues with my wifi card, they needed updating but no updates were released (Lol) so it could be that. Sit tight and wait for an update, or source a new wifi card with updated software to run on 10. I would suggest just spamming the windows update button until they fix it, might take a while though but asus are usually pretty good arent they?

Archived