Question about new trading with scammers policy on steamrep

breadsbank

Okay, so you can no longer get banned for trading with marked scammers. However, in my mind, this brings up a question:

Could I get banned for creating a shop that only buys scammed items for cheap?

For example: If I made a trade that buys all scammed unusual hats for cheap would I get banned?

Yes. Accidentally trading with scammers once or twice is acceptable, seeking out scammers to trade them repeatedly is not.

Besides that, being marked =/= being banned. You can still be banned from bp.tf or outpost for trading with scammers, even if you aren't marked for the same offense.

Okay, so you can no longer get banned for trading with marked scammers. However, in my mind, this brings up a question:

Could I get banned for creating a shop that only buys scammed items for cheap?

For example: If I made a trade that buys all scammed unusual hats for cheap would I get banned?

You would be permabanned in a hurry for that. And as indicated above, we still ban for any trade with scammers where the trade is >15 keys in value.

You wont get insta banned like before but do it too many times and you will be considered a fence hemce banned.

The updated rule was to create some flexibility for those who made a few mistakes not so you can profit.

Regardless if you can get banned or not, it's really not very moral to actively seek out benefiting from someone else's loss.

Morality doesn't pay for nice hats ( ͡⊙ ͜ʖ ͡⊙)

You would get Steam Rep banned, bp.tf banned, and Outpost banned.

But since your question is specifically regarding Steam Rep: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/policy-change-trades-with-scammer-policy-end-of-life.119528/

• Brokering still bannable. It is absolutely still the case that SteamRep and communities should ban for knowingly brokering or partnering with a scammer or hijacker.

Archived