outpost trade help

Epic Wolf

hey all,

was wondering how its better to make your outpost trades. is it best to put all the hats in 1 trade or to only have 1 or 2 related unusuals per trade?

wondering what gets more sales/offers/traffic.

in theory as many in one trade as you can would get more traffic 'cause if a person is searching for one out of the x listed, then they'll see that one, and all the rest

some people put as many in a trade as they can 'cause they wouldn't be able to list all the stuff they wanted listed if they didn't do so

personally, I like listing single items (don't do unusual trading mind you) 'cause I often don't like seeing the clutter of too many items in a trade (sometimes it's laid out well though)

If you arent selling many then you can do 1 each trade which also allows you to see the bookmarks being relevant to a certain item. But if you have a few things to trade its better to lump them together (with some sort of relevance preferably).

Aussies together, Certain Hats together (class or effect), Uniques, Aussies, Unusuals etc. Looks neater and allows you to show more given the limited amount you can post.

This is of course my personal preference though I do need to do some updating to my own outpost listings

Put multiple in one trade, that way people may accidentally stumble upon a hat they didn't think of buying or even know existed. So you increse the amount of people seeing your trade, which is pretty much what you want to achieve.

For me personally, when I'm searching up an unusual to offer on.  I normally offer on the ones that are in a trade alone rather than ones that are in a giant trade.  Reason being that the ones in giant trades probably have more picky owners who have more trading experience, ideally I want the hat as cheap as I can get it.  But that also means that in theory having a giant trade could help weed away the bad offers.  I'm still torn on what to do so I just use one giant trade since it's easier.  Unless I have unusuals that I think deserve special attention, they go in separate trades.

Archived