Eviction Notice vs GRU

The Oddball

get rekt frisky I made it first

Now with the passive 15% movement speed and 20% damage taken on the Eviction Notice, which one is better?

GRU: 30% Movement Speed + 35% Damage Taken (mini crits)

Eviction: 15% Movement Speed + 20% Damage Taken

Which one do you like more?

The GRU are much more practical and they're a great tool for getting from point A to point B whereas the Eviction Notice is incredibly overloaded and gimmicky, only really suited for melee brawls.

Technically, The Eviction Notice has a 60% decrease in damage but because it swings 2x as fast it is only a 20% decrease, though that does allow for more punches to miss than hit too.  

No lingering minicrits, but slower move speed. A now-viable side grade to stock GRU.

If you have a teleporter, I'd argue that EN is better, otherwise GRU is king.

*is rekt*

You can tell which one i like more

Historically, it's no contest, but they were changed recently.
Old Evict. was awful, but new Evict. was buffed pretty good.

Now with the passive 15% movement speed and 20% damage taken on the Eviction Notice, which one is better?

GRU: 30% Movement Speed + 35% Damage Taken (mini crits)
Eviction: 15% Movement Speed + 20% Damage Taken

Which one do you like more?

I have to say this...
First of all, the GRU has a +50% holster speed penalty, which is balls.

But more importantly,
Minicrits =/= +35% more damage. The 35% more damage is essentially the minimum extra it'll do, with the maximum being a lot higher.

For example: (numbers from the completely reliable wiki)
A rocket, at long range, will do 45-60 damage.
A minicrit from the same (or any) range, however, will do 122-151 damage.
Holy shit, it does at least 100% more damage, and potentially more than triple!

Granted, the gap is more smaller at point-blank range, but that should be enough to show that simply saying 35% extra is very inaccurate.

In effect, this means that direct combat is a bit deadlier, while random spam is much, much deadlier when you're marked for death.

-snip-

Basically yeah. The GRU is better if you're just running in the middle of nowhere to the battle, but if you're in the middle of a fight and drastically need that healthkit, the Eviction Notice is viable. The only thing limiting the GRU is the +50% holster speed penalty, and the slightly increased cooldown time for the minicrits after holster (which came from Tough Break). Still GRU though

Fists of Steel

The Gloves of Running Urgently has more uses than the Eviction Notice, although the marked for death penalty can be a bitch sometimes.

Given the current voting situation I'll give my vote to the GRU, the greater speed boost being the main key here, the marked for death attribute isn't much of an issue if you're smart and don't blindly run around corners.

However if we're looking at all melee I find the Fists of Steel more viable due to its ability to tank damage which can be beneficial in a last ditch push in a game of payload or Koth perhaps.

I'm assuming the EN pretty much gives you demoman speed (heavy is 77%, demo is 93%) until you land a hit with it.

which is not bad, you'd be faster than a soldier who doesn't know how to rocket jump and walks places (like a goof)

Archived