Android bandwidth issues

Knight

Hello, I've been having bandwidth issues involving my Android phone. As of about 2 days ago, my internet's been extremely slow and I couldn't find the reason why. I tried looking for the reason behind it today because it became so bad that it would log me out of steam on my PC and put my internet into a coma. After some experimentation I put my phone into airplane mode and it pulled my internet out of the binding misery it was in

My questions are: 

1. Could the steam application be the cause behind all of this? Or could there be something else behind all of it? 

2. Is there a way to check? I currently have 5.0 Lollipop installed

3. What are my options? I really don't want to use my phone for steam confirmations exclusively because of my piss poor connection

Thank you for reading!

Dial ##72786# on your phone, then hit call.

Whoaaa hold up, is rebooting my phone the only option? And if so, how would that affect the mobile thing?

Whoaaa hold up, is rebooting my phone the only option? And if so, how would that affect the mobile thing?

That resets network settings, not the entire phone.

Disable Connections optimizer?

settings->mobile networks->connections optimizer

I went into settings, had to select "..." in the Wireless & networks tab to find Mobile Networks, but nothing relating to Connections Optimizer was found.

I went into settings, had to select "..." in the Wireless & networks tab to find Mobile Networks, but nothing relating to Connections Optimizer was found.

OK, check settings->data usage-> "..." ->show WiFi usage

Then select the wifi tab, and look for anything suspicious, or anything using lots of wifi.

OK, check settings->data usage-> "..." ->show WiFi usage

Then select the wifi tab, and look for anything suspicious, or anything using lots of wifi.

Well, the first thing on the list was Chrome at 3.38 GB, then the playstore and Google Play Music. Steam itself comes 6th on the list, so I'm sort of unsure if it's steam. Re/uninstall chrome?

Well, the first thing on the list was Chrome at 3.38 GB, then the playstore and Google Play Music. Steam itself comes 6th on the list, so I'm sort of unsure if it's steam. Re/uninstall chrome?

Turn wifi on on your phone sometime for an hour or so (or overnight works too)

then check the usage again

Turn wifi on on your phone sometime for an hour or so (or overnight works too)

then check the usage again

Alright, I'll take a screenshot of the usage and leave it on overnight, then in the morning I'll see what happens. Thanks for your help! 

I left it on for a hour, and nothing changed. Tomorrow I'm going to mess around with my wifi settings, I feel like it might be my router's fault

EDIT: I woke up this morning and my internet was fine, I dont know what fixed it, but hey I'm happy its working again. Thanks for your help, Apo!

Archived