bp.tf self-inconsistency on how many copies of an Unusual exist

ℕ Hilbert-WARing Theorem™

Completed a trade earlier today involving the CH Soviet: http://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Soviet%20Gentleman/Tradable/Craftable/19

If you look at the graph of the # of copies over time, you will notice there are two #s for all time indices leading up from a certain junction in the past (Jan 14). This may be connected to the new bp.tf engine overhaul, haven't looked into it too closely. Legacy stats claim 2 exist, while bp.tf also claims only one copy currently exists in the database: http://imgur.com/cw8ujFC

Important because buyer is somewhat upset over the possibility that his hat isn't unique as originally advertised.

highly unlikely, but there's also the chance that it got into a private backpack, or even deleted/crafted away

not really sure if that affects the overall count at all though

highly unlikely, but there's also the chance that it got into a private backpack, or even deleted/crafted away

not really sure if that affects the overall count at all though

Not sure what you are referring to as "highly unlikely". If it were deleted, would probably affect the overall count, since bp.tf stats are ideally representative of the state of an item in the present

Not sure what you are referring to as "highly unlikely". If it were deleted, would probably affect the overall count, since bp.tf stats are ideally representative of the state of an item in the present

I meant unlikely as in that it probably wouldn't happen. no one in their sane mind would delete an unusual.

There are a lot of threads already about the same issue with item histories. The latest update resulted in an unexpected bottleneck by our disk i/o. The system is overloaded with too much data. My understanding is that this happened when we started tracking individual changes to over 900 million items. I think the plan is to make things simpler again. Fiskie is already working on it. 

Until then, there will still be lots of issues with item histories. 

There are a lot of threads already about the same issue with item histories. The latest update resulted in an unexpected bottleneck by our disk i/o. The system is overloaded with too much data. My understanding is that this happened when we started tracking individual changes to over 900 million items. I think the plan is to make things simpler again. Fiskie is already working on it. 

Until then, there will still be lots of issues with item histories. 

I've seen a lot of people complaining about this recently. You guys should put out a PSA because a lot of people off the forums are genuinely confused

Archived