I think my hat is incorrectly flagged as duped?

Elysaurus

Since the item history pages of the main site has been revamped, I believe my Unusual has become incorrectly marked as a duplicate item. Here is the history page of the item in question. Prior to the revamp to the history pages, the item was not marked.

I believe it's become incorrectly flagged with the update. The two IDs flagged as being out of chronological order were last seen at times very close together both on 12th October, with one of them being a very coincidental time of "00:00:00" - this owner had the hat for a very short period of time as it was traded away between the 12th and 13th October to a more recent owner of the hat in question (trade proof: Seller & Buyer). For this trade to be completed, the item must have existed inside the sellers backpack at a time later than "00:00:00" on 12th October, which is the time the item history page is showing it was last seen.

Basically, user "An Influx of Bees" owned the hat later than what the item history page shows it as, as proven by the trade proof I linked to. Why it is down as 00:00:00? Beats me, I don't know how the system works. I'm assuming 00:00:00 is the time the system chooses as a base when it doesn't know the actual time. This incorrect time has forced the ID to be non-chronological as the system thinks the item was last seen much earlier than it actually was, for reasons unknown to me.

TF2Outpost has the correct history: http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,4388395865,539,5. Thanks to Polar, I never thought of comparing the history here and the history on that website.

I have searched and found absolutely no sign of a duplicate of the original ID.

I also read this happened to quite a few people. Wondering if anything can be done as I'm attempting to move the hat on and, as we all know, an item being duped heavily affects it's resale. I wouldn't be surprised if many other items that were bought and sold by a user on the same day are flagged as duplicates too.

I'm pretty sure you are right. I passed it onto Fiskie. 

fiskie At this point I'm considering converting to a simpler system where we don't track item changes Problem is it would take a while :/

It's duped I think. Maybe when you buy it someone has the duped version in their private backpack. now it's not private anymore and it becomes duped.

yup its duped.

I don't think it is. Multiple other timestamps are coincidentally also 00:00:00 just like one of the involved id's. Something is borked

yup its duped.

It's not duped. Outpost has the correct history. The item was traded from satan to influx for a vivid tower. It makes no sense for influx to be in front in the history. 

It's not duped. Outpost has the correct history. The item was traded from satan to influx for a vivid tower. It makes no sense for influx to be in front in the history. 

uh ok then... guess its not

sorry for judging the item based on the history.

If timestamps are just randomly wrong, then there is really no point to any history on this site until its fixed I guess.

Then again, if we're just going to reorder the times and 'fix it' I fail to see how I would ever be confident in the validity of the timestamps ever again.

Could it be there's something similar going on with this item? 

http://backpack.tf/item/2994969400

The two IDs highlighted in red are as a matter of fact chronological.  

OP history: 

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/27729451#latest

Note how I said on the trade it's clean.  That's because it used to show up clean on BP as well.  

Nope, the ID has gone back in time. The backwards-in-time owner, http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198082969034?time=1453387374

Still owns it.

It's duped I think. Maybe when you buy it someone has the duped version in their private backpack. now it's not private anymore and it becomes duped.

Not duped, I used a sale from that history in a suggestion, was clean.

Saw this witth a  burning buck as well.

Archived