Does a unusual hat being duped matter?

JayTuut

d  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Does an unusual being duped matter?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if its over a specific price (e.g. 30 keys)

Since so many noobs overprice their hats, like a 42 key hat, being duped, selling it for 48 keys pure? Wtf?

But like does duped being matter?

Since so many noobs overprice their hats, like a 42 key hat, being duped, selling it for 48 keys pure? Wtf?

But like does duped being matter?

It matters when you're trading for profit, because they are looked down upon for whatever reason, but if you're buying it for keeps, and you don't care, there's no problem.

Wearability: No.

Pricing: Yes.

(Personally, I don't give a shit, but other people do so it lowers the price I would pay)

Pretty much

The only reason people claim to care is because "other people care so I care." The only reason it matters is because we think it matters. It doesn't matter but since everybody seems to think it does it does.

It matters when you're trading for profit, because they are looked down upon for whatever reason, but if you're buying it for keeps, and you don't care, there's no problem.

Very wrong, it always lies with patience. I've owned so many duped hats, cleans can sometimes be hard to come by. I always profit off of dupes, only once have I taken a loss on one. It's free profit because people assume they won't be able to sell a duped hat, and because they have no patience, they just lower the price. I've sold duped unusuals for full pure as well. Lately, I haven't had anyone ask if my hats were duped or not so maybe people are starting to learn their lesson. I guess as long as people keep caring about unnoticable red text, the minority of us will continue making uninhibited profit.

Same as this guy. I own a duped PE Ze Goggles that the owner quicksell to me. It looks great in game, and I don't give a shit since I buy for keep.

Mostly people just use that reason to lowball your hat  <_<

Very wrong, it always lies with patience. I've owned so many duped hats, cleans can sometimes be hard to come by. I always profit off of dupes, only once have I taken a loss on one. It's free profit because people assume they won't be able to sell a duped hat, and because they have no patience, they just lower the price. I've sold duped unusuals for full pure as well. Lately, I haven't had anyone ask if my hats were duped or not so maybe people are starting to learn their lesson. I guess as long as people keep caring about unnoticable red text, the minority of us will continue making uninhibited profit.

People always go for the clean one when there is more than one on the market from my experience. I've gotten full price for duped hats, and I've had people retract their offers or lower it when they realize it's duped.

It really shouldn't (unless it's a god tier around 3k keys+), but everyone seems to think it does, so that forces me to pay lower if it is

I don't like when a hat is duped, but it won't stop me from buying a hat I like. As long as the last few owners are clean, it's completely overlookable.

If it's something I love and want to keep forever, I might possibly pay ~5-10% extra for a hat straight from the unboxer vs. one with a terrible history. Otherwise, I won't pay anything extra for clean, and won't lower selling prices any for duped.

Also, in those rare cases where I intend to keep the hat forever, a long-ass clean history is almost as unappealing as being duped.

if it's over 30, it bugs me for some unknown reason 

"Sorting By Value
2.5-3 buds:  2% <---- Hats under 3 buds in value should no longer need minis if they are duped
3-5 buds:     8%
5-8 buds:     9%
8-10 buds:   12%
10-15 buds: 12%
15-20 buds: 10%
>20 buds:    12%"

Buds = 10 keys

unusual suggester spotted

"Sorting By Value
2.5-3 buds:  2% <---- Hats under 3 buds in value should no longer need minis if they are duped
3-5 buds:     8%
5-8 buds:     9%
8-10 buds:   12%
10-15 buds: 12%
15-20 buds: 10%
>20 buds:    12%"

Buds = 10 keys

unusual suggester spotted

Wait, I thought we are talking about trading ?

Wait, I thought we are talking about trading ?

I was just assuming that because you were a frequent unusual suggestor  :P It used to bug me as well, especially when I bought a Duped Bubbling Festive Tree. 

I was just assuming that because you were a frequent unusual suggestor  :P It used to bug me as well, especially when I bought a Duped Bubbling Festive Tree. 

Retired suggestor, I often go hiatus during certain times, But yeah, there's that weird sensation that it will always bug you when you buy unusuals over 30 keys.

• 3 weeks later...

From my experience, the hat itself and the number of dupes matter quite a bit.

Suppose there are 20 of a hat in existence, and 1 of them is duped (so 19 clean ones + 2 duped ones). The duped ones will matter very little, regardless of price. However, if there are 5 clean ones and 10 duped ones, then the duped ones will matter significantly.

A perfect example of this is Cloudy Moon Kabuto. 

Archived