Pretty simple: Why would we pay more for premium when it's actually been downgraded?

Hipsta Jayzus

Title.

Not trying to stir up shit, or act like I know more about a business model than the owner of this site. But simply - most hats aren't even in the database and as far as I can tell will never be back. Why would I pay MORE monthly for a less useful search engine? Because I like supporting y'all? Sorry, but this needs to be reciprocal.

And yes, I know it's still being mitigated, but I've heard that many items are simply going to be lost forever. Really a baffling move.

The only hats being "lost" are ones in backpacks that are inactive for more than 3 months. And by inactive I mean completely dead inventories.

The extra charge is for the ability to search for any kind of item, not just unusuals, and for opening searches in both CS:GO and Dota.

Not directly connected to premium but, my darkblaze beak doesn't even shows up on the unusual page even though i update my backpack multiple times daily. It used to show up before. Also on the Geisha page (for example) a lot of hats are shown as (0) (or 4 now instead of 3 before) available even though they exist in backpacks that get updated daily as well.

Is that going to be fixed in the future, or are we not able to rely on these numbers anymore?

The only hats being "lost" are ones in backpacks that are inactive for more than 3 months. And by inactive I mean completely dead inventories.

The extra charge is for the ability to search for any kind of item, not just unusuals, and for opening searches in both CS:GO and Dota.

Why lost these hats? Still interesting to see these hats, and know that they actually exists in someones backpack.

I asked about this in the thread happysedits posted as well as Foamy's but still waiting on responses to that. The Taunts are missing

(primarily burstchesters only showing '72 and community sparkle in the bp.tf search http://backpack.tf/unusuals/Taunt%3A%20Burstchester

Additionally active backpacks with unpriced unusuals are not appearing in the searches either.

Your statement of "only inactive inventories" doesnt seem to be reflected in the actuality of what is happening.

These inventories are not "dead" for the burstchesters amongst other hats I have come across (SBTWC Festive Tree, Secret Luchadore etc)

The Tree itself is a good example here since it has been trade multiple times recently but is yet to appear as existing on bp.tf (sold a couple of times in the past 2 months)

http://backpack.tf/item/2048786768

And yet there is no tree:

http://backpack.tf/unusuals/A%20Rather%20Festive%20Tree

Yes this issue isnt really to do with premium exclusively since the information of a hat existing or not is available to everyone, but the point I am trying to make is still a valid one which should be addressed.

Premium did receive several downgrades in the update, and item histories are still really buggy for me, and unusual suggesting got a lot harder. I don't really see a reason to have my premium in the future honestly

Does this mean that if I simply stopped trading in TF2 for 3 months that the unusuals I have would "vanish" from the database?

Does this mean that if I simply stopped trading in TF2 for 3 months that the unusuals I have would "vanish" from the database?

Why lost these hats? Still interesting to see these hats, and know that they actually exists in someones backpack.

fiskie 1:02 PM I think I’ll lift the 3 month cap because I’m convinced it has no effect on the performance

(this was 30 min ago). So I guess he decided to bring them back.

fiskie 1:02 PM I think I’ll lift the 3 month cap because I’m convinced it has no effect on the performance

This still doesnt explain the festive tree issue I pointed out where it had been traded and logged within the past 2 months but was not appearing in bp.tf as an existing unusual hat

I'm just very confused as to why we would pay more for such a service when the main service it provided has been effectively rendered hit or miss. If anything, it should be cheaper now. Did you guys actually convert these over to the new database with the intention of upping your price? Or is that a consequence of the cost of shifting over? Because it doesn't justify anything to me as a consumer / subscriber. I've simply lost out on what I actually used this site for, which is researching / pricing / tracking down specific Unusuals - not strange festive bats.

I'll await its effect before I decide whether or not to cancel my sub. Really looking forward to the results.

Archived