Does anyone get attached to their tf2 items or just me?

kaytradamus

I have some which symbolize certain times and memories. I feel like i can remember better if i associate the time with an item, then it all comes back. How about you guys?

Posted · Hidden by Teeny Tiny Cat, January 21, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Teeny Tiny Cat, January 21, 2016 - No reason given

no you are the single sole special snowflake who has ever associated pleasant experiences with an item

mate fucking hell pavlov's dog probably beat you to this topic idea

No, it's not only you; some people attach better to items that hold sentimental value over actual value, like myself.

Edit: I guess I should add an example of this to help support my point, so I'll talk about my 2 pocket purrers. One of them is named "Tigger" and the other "Cleo"; they are named after two of my precious kitties who passed away. We could never afford to get the ashes of one, while for the other we were fortunate enough to be able to, so in memory of them I got two pocket purrers, with their levels being the month number in which they passed away. I then changed their descriptions to be my final goodbyes to both of them, since when they did pass, I never really got the chance to do it properly.

Even if I never equip the two pocket purrers, them just being there helps me remember them, and I will never, ever sell them for that reason alone.

no you are the single sole special snowflake who has ever associated pleasant experiences with an item

mate fucking hell pavlov's dog probably beat you to this topic idea

stop shit posting, contribute or dont bother please.

Well, what some people don't really find in items is sentimental value, like Cottonbonbon said.

I've kept significant items over the past 3 years of me fooling around in the tf2 community.

1 in particular is a soldier cosmetic that i received from my best friend before he quit tf2. It brings back the nostalgia of the hat i unboxed that fits with it, which also carries sentimental value.

Anything can have sentimental value, even a mere craft hat. 

Well, what some people don't really find in items is sentimental value, like Cottonbonbon said.

I've kept significant items over the past 3 years of me fooling around in the tf2 community.

1 in particular is a soldier cosmetic that i received from my best friend before he quit tf2. It brings back the nostalgia of the hat i unboxed that fits with it, which also carries sentimental value.

Anything can have sentimental value, even a mere craft hat. 

That is what im on about. I got my craft 19 hkc from my friend for my 19th birthday, and it brings back many good memories.

You are not the only one. My noh mercy, for example, reminds me when i started to trade, cause its one of the first items i got.

I even remember the map and the server where i used to play and where i got it.

My Hermes, which was my dream hat for a while.

My KE, which has a story behind it that involves a good friend that doesn't play or chat anymore.

SF Scattergun, dream wep since the 2011 Xmas update. I love it more than any other variant due to that.

Just off the top of my head.

stop shit posting, contribute or dont bother please.

direct answers to questions obnoxiously posed =/= shitposting lol

Call me crazy, but I got attached to my Your Eternal Reward knife since I crafted it when I still was a F2P.

I even renamed and redescribed it in a sudden inspiration 94559bc221c1a928990cef9f5329ce1e.jpg

Yes, i also hold some sentimental value for my weapons because i used it tons of times with my class and loved it.

Granted.. if i had the chance to sell it for profit i would do it without a doubt  :D

Anyway, I'm really attached to some glitched items I made

I never thought in life I would even have any rare collectibles in tf2, especially crafted by me :D

XxIvdrB.png

#36 Killer's Kit crafted by one of my friends.  36 has some significance to me and it's an added bonus it was crafted by someone I actually know and who isn't a douche.  Anything else....I think I'm attached to the hat, then I sell it and don't give a shit.  

some genuines given to me by buddies or ones I've had for a long time.  I've gone out of my way to not trade them when people want one, and gone and got a different one to sell to them

Anyway, I'm really attached to some glitched items I made

I never thought in life I would even have any rare collectibles in tf2, especially crafted by me :D

XxIvdrB.png

Im jelly

While I'm not sentimentally attached to my items, I love to collect stuff, so if someone wants something out of one of my collections, well, it sucks to be them. Admittedly though, I highly doubt there are many people out there looking for a G. Fetti Gridiron Guardian, Plumbers Pipe, or Metal Slug.

Archived