Tricks to Getting rich in TF2?

୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨

There are 3 variables you need to get rich in tf2. Time, money, and luck. Pick one and go from there.

Say you pick time. You go at it the old fashioned way, by taking lower-value items for slightly less than they're worth and resell them for full value. Rinse, repeat.

Or you can pick money. Sink a whole bunch of real life funds into the game and enjoy your fancy hats.

The last option, of course, is luck. Hard, but not impossible. Unbox a burning TC or some shit, sell it for a metric fuckton of keys, go from there.

Of course, if your only goal is to make money, don't even bother with trading. Step away from the computer and get a job at McDonald's or Walmart or something. Unless you can consistently lucky, you won't make nearly as much from TF2 as you would from any minimum wage job. 

#600PostHype

at this point in tf2 trading, i really just think its best to buy into it. starting from the bottom and going up takes too damn long. just buy like 20+ keys and start there.

In answer to your question: No there isnt.

No matter what you do you will be spending money. Unless you have a rich friend in the game who gifts you an unusual then you sell it (making you a real d**k for selling off a gift) thats about the only way.

To unbox an unusual you need to spend money, to get aussies you need to spend money.

There is no "Get rich quick" scheme. 

Requires time and spending to get anywhere.

You can get lucky with an unbox and only spend a few keys but from there you wait. You post it up for offers and someone may offer unusuals that are worth more together so you get overpay. On the other hand you could get given the full price in pure so you look for people quickselling hats with the pure you made.

There is no fast way to get rich. Its all about patience and a bit of luck for some (especially those golden pan drops)

Are you... are you expecting an actual, affirmative answer to that question?

You're essentially asking "How do I get rich without doing anything."

Such a thing does not exist. If it did, people would take advantage of it until it no longer existed.

Everything requires either time, effort, or money.

Put some money in, get a few keys and then start buying items for low price and sell them high. You can also try your luck at MvM, it won't make you rich overnight but if you're consistent and lucky enough, you can make some decent profit out of it.

There are no real tricks or secrets that will make you "rich" in a short while. Unboxing, betting, and to some extent mvm are all gambles and you'll lose more often than not.

buy low sell high

The best way in my opinion is this. Trade up, buy quicksells, take time time to learn the prices and markets of a large range of items. You can, without a doubt, trade from just a few weapons to a thousand dollar backpack, but it will take time and effort. It does help if you have a little bit to begin with, maybe buy a couple keys off the market. You will make some terrible trades and lose money, it happens to everyone. Know what you have and what the other person is offering, backpack.tf is great from pricing most items and terrible for some. Check multiple sources when pricing items. There are plenty of guides for trading, but take them with a grain of salt.

I hope that my ramblings help  :)

Archived