computer freezing

Volcarona

im not sure if i put this in the right area but.

Whenever i try searching something by hitting the windows key to start something up like puush or a music player my computer just freezes. im using windows 10 does anyone know how to fix this?

its also been affecting my computers start up time as far as ive seen.

from my own experience, if you have loads of stuff running it obviously shows down and if you have little hard drive space left it affects start up time.

Chances are all of your RAM is being used up, and you have very little HD space left like Caboose said. How much ram/hd space do you have?

Leaving full programs on your desktop also slows your computer down. Never leave entire folders of data on the desktop only a few pictures or shortcuts.

Chances are all of your RAM is being used up, and you have very little HD space left like Caboose said. How much ram/hd space do you have?

i have like 16 gigs of ram and 200 on hard drive

Leaving full programs on your desktop also slows your computer down. Never leave entire folders of data on the desktop only a few pictures or shortcuts.

oh god i did not know this i have like a 16 gig folder full of music where would i move this?

oh god i did not know this i have like a 16 gig folder full of music where would i move this?

Anywhere OFF the desktop. You can dump it in the designated music folder or anywhere, desktop files are "active" and load faster than anywhere else on the system.

How much RAM is being used when it freezes up? Not how much do you have in total. 

How much RAM is being used when it freezes up? Not how much do you have in total. 

oh uh so i looked and nothing jumps execpt my disk usage. it jumps to 99% when i search something 

oh uh so i looked and nothing jumps execpt my disk usage. it jumps to 99% when i search something 

If that's the case I recommend a SATA III 2.5" SSD of your choice.

If that's the case I recommend a SATA III 2.5" SSD of your choice.

An HDD shouldn't be causing the system to lock up (although an SSD is always a good addition). 

An HDD shouldn't be causing the system to lock up (although an SSD is always a good addition). 

It's possible that his hard drive is about to fail and crap out on him. Volcarona you should use the chkdsk command. In the Command Prompt.

Here's some external advice as well : http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2102925/failing-harddrive-causing-freeze.html

Like Mac said, sounds like your hard drive is failing. Same thing happened to my brother several weeks ago. His computer had over time been slowing down as he added more files to his desktop and his hard drive filled, and eventually it just gave way and failed. If I were you I'd get a new one, and get an SSD if so

Like Mac said, sounds like your hard drive is failing. Same thing happened to my brother several weeks ago. His computer had over time been slowing down as he added more files to his desktop and his hard drive filled, and eventually it just gave way and failed. If I were you I'd get a new one, and get an SSD if so

Fuck i guess i gotta go buy a new hard drive and ssd 

Fuck i guess i gotta go buy a new hard drive and ssd 

Or just buy one ssd. You don't need both (unless you have a lot of stuff and can't afford a huge ssd)

Archived