How important is high Hz monitors for gaming?

Nobu

I use a 60 hz monitor and I don't notice anything odd. It seems to me like because I have not used a 120 hz or 144 hz monitor, I can't tell the difference.

Is it really important? I'm asking in terms of actual game play. Like when you're facing an enemy in a fps game, what are the significant differences between a 60 hz and 120 / 144 hz that would affect your in game performance?

Monitors over 60hz will just look smooth as hell but wont make graphics and stuff look better.

Not really worth getting a 120 or 144hz unless you can run the games you play at a constant 120 or 144fps

And high Hz monitors are pricey as hell so unless you really want to pay an extra $100-300 then go for it

Not really worth getting a 120 or 144hz unless you can run the games you play at a constant 120 or 144fps

And high Hz monitors are pricey as hell so unless you really want to pay an extra $100-300 then go for it

^^^

My computer runs all the games i play at over 100-290 fps, so it was totes worth getting the 144Hz monitor for me.

And my monitor was pretty cheap too, only 200 bucks. Its Acer, and I know they get a lot of hate, but I havent had any problems with it yet. CS:GO is so freaking smooth if you play at over 120fps on a high hz monitor. yass. if only my wifi was good. rip.

Anyways, yeah, I really like having the 144Hz, and I can feel the difference. AND my monitor was very cheap for how nice it is, so if you can find one comfortably in your price range, and if your computer runs your games @ 120+ fps id say go for it.

^^^

My computer runs all the games i play at over 100-290 fps, so it was totes worth getting the 144Hz monitor for me.

And my monitor was pretty cheap too, only 200 bucks. Its Acer, and I know they get a lot of hate, but I havent had any problems with it yet. CS:GO is so freaking smooth if you play at over 120fps on a high hz monitor. yass. if only my wifi was good. rip.

Anyways, yeah, I really like having the 144Hz, and I can feel the difference. AND my monitor was very cheap for how nice it is, so if you can find one comfortably in your price range, and if your computer runs your games @ 120+ fps id say go for it.

Thanks, I found a decent monitor for a great deal but was wondering if it was worth the hassle. I'll definitely be going for it now, thanks again.

Thanks, I found a decent monitor for a great deal but was wondering if it was worth the hassle. I'll definitely be going for it now, thanks again.

links pls

I can't speak from experience, but a friend of mine who is going to play in the highest european leagues (both HL and 6s) said that getting a 144Hz monitor did improve his performance significantly, he says it's what made it possible for him to go 6s prem.

I also know that a lot of "pro" TF2 players REALLY want a 120Hz+ screen when they play at lans, and get really salty if they "only" get a 60Hz one.

So if you've got the money and you do care a lot about doing well in (online-)games, I'd say go for one - assuming your PC can even hit such frames.

I myself will be buying a 144Hz 1440p monitor this summer because of this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived