Backpack.tf Update related questions, requests and feedback

Foamy the Fearsome

• Administrators

Most of the older topics are moving to the background, and most are polls or loose questions, figured it would be worth it starting a new topic for this.

Let me start off with a few questions/requests I have myself

During my last few suggestions I've noticed a few things, not sure if all are intentional.

- I've noticed that when you do the premium research, dupes show up double, and the backpack unusual search page shows 1/1 in existence hats that have been duped as 2 in existence now. Example: Time Warp peacenik
http://backpack.tf/unusuals/Peacenik%27s%20Ponytail
http://backpack.tf/premium/search?item=Peacenik%27s+Ponytail&quality=5&tradable=1&craftable=1&particle=70&australium=-1
Was this intentional or is this a bug?

- On that same level, it appears that the number in existence listed on the main page seems to vary from the amount I can find in my premium search. it also appears some hats are listed as "0 in existence". Multiple people have asked me why that is, and Im assuming most of those are related to the still occurring history bugs (i.e many histories miss a lot of owners; in some case Im sure they used to appear properly. Example: http://backpack.tf/item/1893108425), but Im not sure, Is all that still being fixed at the moment?

- Probably less relevant, but as a suggester I kinda care about these things ;p It seems that voting/suggesting accuracy has not been reset since the year has started (it still shows my data from last month as "this month".) I've seen it lag behind before, but its half a month behind now; probably worth to look into and - if possible - to fix

- Before the update, there used to be a script (made by Julia) that would show the outpost ID/history related to the bptf history. outpost histories make it easier for me to see which sales arent tracable through the bp history; in many cases I can still find them eventually, but the script saves a lot of effort there. Is it possible to bring that back?
http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/36100-useful-user-scripts-for-unusual-suggesters/?hl=%2Buseful+%2Bscripts 
The recent sale finder was really useful as well, and in a later state, when histories run smooth again, that would be great to bring back too.

it was my idea that if anyone else has more questions or requests to fix missing features, post them here to keep things overseeable. I may be a little late with this, but since I had some questions myself, I figured I could still try.
If you do leave feedback here in any form, please keep things relevant and constructive (e.g "new design sucks" or "omg the site is broken" doesnt really help anyone ;p). I've mainly intended this to be about the functionality of the site rather than the design (eventually we'll get used to the design so that should not be too big of a deal). 

Copy and paste from Happys poll post:

I have noticed is that for some unpriced unusuals they are no longer appearing anymore.

Hats such as the Secret Luchadore or SBTWC Festive Tree and many others seem to have vanished even though they were (prior to the update) appearing in the Unusual Pricelist searches.

Another good example would be the Burstchesters Now only showing the priced '72 (0 exist?) and 5 existing of community sparkle (different issue with community sparkle items showing when they shouldnt)

Not sure if this issue has been mentioned to the mods yet but thought I would point it out anyway.

Is all that still being fixed at the moment?

Before the update, there used to be a script (made by Julia) that would show the outpost ID/history related to the bptf history. The recent sale finder was really useful as well, and in a later state, when histories run smooth again, that would be great to bring back too.

Regarding the first bit. Fiskie posted this on January 10: "205319 inventories in the backlog, it’ll catch up eventually." With the switch to the new system, I think we're still running behind on inventories. So items that have been around for a while are going to continue popping up. 

Also, "if an inventory hasn’t been â€‹parsed for 3 months, it won’t be included. at this point, we can consider the inventory to be stale; it’s likely to be out of date, the item has probably already gone, etc." That might also account for a few rare 1 of 1 hats disappearing from steam accounts that stopped playing tf2. 

Finally, regarding the last bit, you'll have to take that up with Julia :P

• Administrators

Julia told me she was going to be working on the recent sales finder, but obviously she's writing the scripts as a hobby/volunteer contribution so I would hope that people will just leave her be and appreciate what they get when they get it. :P

The 0 in existances (before atleast) meant it did exist and is likely on the market

On a different note, I hope cares gets on those scripts soon :3

Archived