New trading system

el33tgamr

Hi!

I am launching a new trading system for Steam items soon at www.getplank.com. This allows you to trade your items for Bitcoin.

Some benefits:

• You do not need to use a trading bot or a middleman.

• It uses Bitcoin’s multi-signature escrow to ensure completely safe trading.

• It allows you to complete the entire trading workflow within the chrome extension.

It would be wonderful if you guys could take a look at www.getplank.com and let me know what you think! If you like the concept, please put in your email address there to receive an invitation when I launch.

this looks like a cool and professional site but

trust me

bad place to advertise, I bet someone will come to bash advertising like usual

Nice looking website thusfar, and the idea itself is very interesting, I know several friends that would love something like this. A few comments though:

1. Perhaps change the home-screen to include all 3 games you will be supporting. I like the character in the middle, but maybe take the picture of the Terrorist being blown through the door to the right and have that portion of the scene replacing the two guys on the right, and perhaps a Soldier doing a Fresh Brewed Victory taunt looking towards the left and replacing the two guys on the left.

2. Let me close the drop-downs on the FAQ section, to avoid an unnecessarily long page

3. The name+icon is a little odd, perhaps have it named SteamBit (Or something to that effect), with the subtitle Powered by Plank. This will make it a little more clearer what Plank is, and differentiate the program from the site itself. Additionally, perhaps have a parody of the Steam logo meshing it with the bitcoin logo (Parody would protect you from legal hubabaloo)

Otherwise, looks great, I hope to see this evolve into something as fruitful as OPskins, Scrap.tf, etc!

EDIT:

Epic looking site... 

but what the fuck is your profile?

Zapperzz raises a very good point. As it stands, your profile looks really suspicious. Invest money to get your level to around 20, get a profile picture (Perhaps of the logo I mentioned earlier), have a nice clean profile background, and given that you will be level 20, make a Badge Display (Since you'll be grinding for levels, I suggest looking for cheap foil badges for best and cheapest results) and a About Me Display, where you can further advertise the site, and invest in some games that you may have interest in. Having a good, safe-looking profile will help reassure people that you aren't a scammer.

I've been hoping someone in the tf2 community would create a site similar to opskins: but a tf2 version. I would love if the cashback could be paypal.

Thanks Eased. I am starting with Bitcoin and for the time being avoiding Paypal because of the high level of chargeback fraud while using Paypal. 

Thanks Eased. I am starting with Bitcoin and for the time being avoiding Paypal because of the high level of chargeback fraud while using Paypal. 

Understandable, after all that's why people would use the server; to avoid chargeback! I'm not sure how sites such as marketplace.tf or opskins avoid chargebacks but development on that feature would be great. 

Hopefully this goes all the way

Zapperzz raises a very good point. As it stands, your profile looks really suspicious. Invest money to get your level to around 20, get a profile picture (Perhaps of the logo I mentioned earlier), have a nice clean profile background, and given that you will be level 20, make a Badge Display (Since you'll be grinding for levels, I suggest looking for cheap foil badges for best and cheapest results) and a About Me Display, where you can further advertise the site, and invest in some games that you may have interest in. Having a good, safe-looking profile will help reassure people that you aren't a scammer.

There is no way he made this site and knows this much about trading while having like 70 hours total in all of his owned games.  His account is an alt of some sorts, giving advice on how to look "less suspicious" is not really the best way to go.  I wouldn't trust this website for a second if this guy is honestly the creator.  I would not put my money and items in the hands of someone who has no backpack value, 1 outpost trade, 4 games, 6 friends, no profile picture (until 5 minutes ago), and less than a year on steam.

I don't want to bash the idea of this kind of website at all, if this was safe and worked flawlessly, it would be EPIC!  But this is some kind of obvious scam, what reason do you have to trust this guy based on his steam profile?

I haven't taken the time to have a thorough look at the FAQ or how to, but I entered my email immediately for an invite.  If this thing ends up doing what it's supposed to, it could be amazing. 

Hey guys - A couple of you have said that this looks like a scam because there was no additional information about who I am. I apologize for giving this impression. 

I have updated the website with my real name and background. I have extensive experience in building financial products and I know how important being trusted by the community is. Here is the blurb I added to the website:

My name is Rajesh. Over the course of the last decade I have built and been part of a number of very innovative software-based financial products. I have built financial data systems at Yodlee, peer-to-peer lending at Zopa, and account opening systems at oFlows and Andera. In the early 2000’s I played Quake and Doom. In 2015, I started playing TF2 and was very interested by the trading and economy of TF2. When I tried trading for real money, I found that the process was really painful and fraud-prone. Simultaneously I have been exploring Bitcoin and have been building projects using the cryptocurrency. I realized that using the multi-sig capabilities of Bitcoin is a perfect fit for the trading frauds that afflict real money trades for Steam items. So I sat down and BUILT Plank!

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Have you made any other apps/programs like this before?

Yes. I have over a decade of experience in building a variety of financial software systems - payments, lending, account opening. All the systems I have built have had very high security, legal and reliability requirements.

I haven't taken the time to have a thorough look at the FAQ or how to, but I entered my email immediately for an invite.  If this thing ends up doing what it's supposed to, it could be amazing. 

Thanks Gren!

-snip-

The updated About is a good start, however I suggest linking to your previous involvements in order to lend a sense of credibility

There is no way he made this site and knows this much about trading while having like 70 hours total in all of his owned games.  His account is an alt of some sorts, giving advice on how to look "less suspicious" is not really the best way to go.  I wouldn't trust this website for a second if this guy is honestly the creator.  I would not put my money and items in the hands of someone who has no backpack value, 1 outpost trade, 4 games, 6 friends, no profile picture (until 5 minutes ago), and less than a year on steam.

I don't want to bash the idea of this kind of website at all, if this was safe and worked flawlessly, it would be EPIC!  But this is some kind of obvious scam, what reason do you have to trust this guy based on his steam profile?

i would have to agree with this. there are just so many flags going up IMO, its not funny. Not to mention that i thought bitcoin was so unstable and with all the scams, i didnt think anyone really used it anymore.

The updated About is a good start, however I suggest linking to your previous involvements in order to lend a sense of credibility

Agreed. It's good you're putting yourself out there to gain trust, but you should also link to some previous involvements so people can know what they're getting into. Other than the credibility/trust thing, looks like this might be a huge hit. 

^ This and also where you say you've tried cash trading and it's a pain... how did you do that?  You've never had any backpack value over 4 keys, or any outpost trades except the 1.  Also the gameplay you mention, out of your 41 hours on TF2, only 13 of them were actually spent playing.  The rest were idle/not in a server.  You're going to have a website trading CSGO items when you don't even own the game? Same with Dota items when you only have 1.2 hours on that game?

Also even if you have been interested in the economy and your profile is legit... how are you designing a website with full capability of trading anything you want, with that little knowledge of the economies and games.  It's crazy how you've linked Bazzar as one of your ways to promote the plank trades, when you only have 1 trade on that website.  I support the idea of this website in every way, cash trading is insanely rough with chargebacks going around.... but I have 0 reasons to trust this website currently.

If this is legit I have a few questions.   Why haven't you linked Outpost as a way to promote plank trades? and What about Steam trade holds?  Could there be a way to make this part:  "The Seller completes the trade within the Plank extension"  instant without necessary action from the seller with both steam and mobile trade confirmations? (similar to the way backpack.tf automatic works)

I again want to make this very clear: I would absolutely love to have a service where I can sell items for cash with no risk of chargeback.  This idea is great, and even greater the creator of it can make some cash along the side.  I would frequently use such a service and promote it in every way possible.  I just don't trust this one YET.  I'm not trying to attack you, however it is currently very very very suspicious and that's why I am questioning you so harshly.  If this is legit I would be so so happy, it would solve my (and many other's) personal problem of not wanting to be at risk of chargeback.

I'm basically on the same page as you. If this came out right now, I wouldn't use it (even tho I don't have bitcoin anyways). I would wait as least a few months to see how things go.

Archived