Steam Market now have buy order for NON-commodity items .

K 13

Cool. And does it also now show the price in the native price it got listed as? Because you've got stuff listed in pounds, dollars and euros

Cool. And does it also now show the price in the native price it got listed as? Because you've got stuff listed in pounds, dollars and euros

Nah , i just wasn't signed in at the time .

He may not be logged in for whatever reason, if nobody is it shows whatever currency the item was listed in.

ninja'd

Was still right tho

:^)

Im looking to buy a very expensive item for market cap (~400USD) because the item is usually more like $500, but occasionally one will sell on the market. When i go to its page (and there are none listed ofc..) there is no place to create a buy order. Is it because I have steam inventory helper plugin? or because none are up for sale? not sure.. :o

Im looking to buy a very expensive item for market cap (~400USD) because the item is usually more like $500, but occasionally one will sell on the market. When i go to its page (and there are none listed ofc..) there is no place to create a buy order. Is it because I have steam inventory helper plugin? or because none are up for sale? not sure.. :o

Market_ShowBuyOrderPopup( Y, "X", "X" );

X = Item Name

Y = Game ID

440 = TF

730 = CS

570 = DOTA

753 = STEAM

Run in JS console at any listing page, IE http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/730/buyordertest

For example Market_ShowBuyOrderPopup( 730, "★ Karambit | Fade (Factory New)", "★ Karambit | Fade (Factory New)" );

If you want to check the buy orders on these items:

You can use the itemordershistogram URL to retrieve the buy orders. Just change this following URL to suit the item you need. It will come as a messy lump of data but you can easily read the key information.

http://steamcommunity.com/market/itemordershistogram?country=PH&language=english&currency=12&item_nameid=1322331&two_factor=0

Country = your country code, mine being Philippines

Language = your language, keep English if you understand it

Currency = Your currency ID, 1 is USD, 12 is Philippines pesos. Look up your own currency yourself or just convert it from dollars.

item_nameid = ID of the item you want. Current in the link is Karambit Fade.

How to get item_nameid:

Open item's page, for example karambit fade - steamcommunity.com/market/listings/730/★%20Karambit%20%7C%20Fade%20(Factory%20New)

View source for the page - CTRL + U in Chrome.

CTRL + F for Market_LoadOrderSpread.

This is the item ID, use this in the URL.

I've managed to take advantage and grab a few things with the buy order yesterday while few still knew about it, and most notably got the prof. aus grenade launcher that i was eyeing for a week for a decent price. So i listed a buy order on it for 55 euros, and some guy either felt generous or didn't notice/wasn't aware of my buy order and thus he listed for 46 euros and was automatically sold to me, felt pretty good  :D, even better when they are rising now a little (thanks happy). 

But i'm glad steam is keeping up and also removed the autobuy bots/extensions' involvement from the non-commodity items.

Archived