reasons for why friends unusual isnt selling?

Epic Wolf

hey all,

one of my friends unusual : miami nights lord cockswain's pith helm has been on outpost for over 3 weeks now and has not receive a single offer despite being one of the cheapest on the market. curious to understand why, yes its 3rd gen but its one of the better effects and its for soldier. ideas?

Don't be one of the lowest on the market, be the lowest.

Also it's not that bad of a hat, Miami Nights is one of the best 3rd gen effects and soldier is a popular class. Maybe lower the price well below the backpack.tf price of 22 keys to about 15 keys, since 22 keys is outdated.

Also don't listen to the meanies above, they are over reacting hugely. It will sell.

i can often sell unusuals in a few weeks not months, and ive seen it in-game its actually not a bad looking hat with the white paint. thanks for the tip DejaQ, ill tell him to lower the price.

Make a discount, not even a quicksell. Yesterday i sold a DBD Black Watch for 35 pure (worth 40) in just 1 day. Its also a third gen.

I think the most an unusual took me to sell was 3 weeks, really.

As last option, you can try to sell it on scm.

Make a discount, not even a quicksell. Yesterday i sold a DBD Black Watch for 35 pure (worth 40) in just 1 day. Its also a third gen.

I think the most an unusual took me to sell was 3 weeks, really.

As last option, you can try to sell it on scm.

yeah 3 weeks was the most it's every taken me to sell an unusual, I was just wondering cause 3 weeks with no offers at all even lowballers, I though was pretty unusual

Months? Wut da fuck i sell God tiers in less then day ;)

If by god-tiers you mean 50 key hats with some random 1st gen effect, sure. 

Also keep in mind that is a quicksell

From what I've seen in my limited experience, it's not that people don't like/want a hat but more so that they want it as cheap as possible. If a hat has a backpack.tf price of 52 keys, nobody will pay 52 keys. Quickbuyers will be offering about 30 and it will probably sell very fast (hours) at 35-40.

If you actually tried for 52 or even 50, be prepared to wait months for a sale.

It doesn't help when you get stubborn sellers who all think they're some sort of professional money making trader extraordinaire who will refuse to even lower the price 1 or 2 keys to get a sale because they want as much profit as possible and would rather a hat takes 8 months to sell than take a 2 key profit loss.

It comes down to two things really. Either having cheap enough prices to make someone else buy it knowing they can resell it for profit or simply being in the right place at the right time and getting a random player come along who wants your specific hat that they like for their class and will pay the backpack price because they don't care about trading and just want the hat.

The problem is that the Miami Pith is overvalued when compared to other soldier hats.  E.g. a DBD Armored Authority - which is much better than the Miami Pith in every way possible - is only 26 keys.  That's only 4 keys higher than the Pith.  The Miami Spartan is 21 keys which is as well a much better hat the Pith.  So you have to think:  if someone has 22 keys to spend, what options are available to them?   Truth is, at 22 keys, they can get a better soldier hat. 

All you ppl are wrong. He needs to say that the hat is a GODTIER 1of1 ULTRA RARE DREAM HAT and he is QUICKSELLING it for 100 keys

He needs to say its themed. Soldier likes to go to the club and dance when he's not killing people and soldier wears a helmet. Double theme. 100 keys.

Archived