Any way to use Halloween spells?

Haruhi Suzumiya

Hi, as most people reading this know, Halloween spells are untradeable and un-marketable. Is there any method to actually still use these on items though? I'm thinking about giving an item of mine that I want a spell on to someone who owns spells - will they be able to use the spell for me on the item then trade it back to me once applied somehow avoiding the fact the spells themselves can't be traded?

i dont have any spells but i was under the influence that if you traded the spell while the game was running, you could use it on your item then. however, if you didnt and closed your game ...all spells would be erased on game start. I had read that from a few different spell traders over the course that last few months...

i dont have any spells but i was under the influence that if you traded the spell while the game was running, you could use it on your item then. however, if you didnt and closed your game ...all spells would be erased on game start. I had read that from a few different spell traders over the course that last few months...

That's correct. Only issue is, all spells are untradeable now. Nobody knows why.

That's correct. Only issue is, all spells are untradeable now. Nobody knows why.

i didnt know that. can they be gift wrapped i wonder ??

They made all items that expire untradable. i.e. With Gun Mettle the contracts were "tradable" (but there was no way to actually trade them) but with Tough Break they are untradable.

The same thing happened with the remaining Series #3 Strangifier Chemistry Sets during the same update.

This unfortunately means that unless Valve reverts this "expiry = untradable" or adds something like "tradable during event" and applies it to spells then the spell market looks to be dead forever even if they do bring spell drops back.

Archived