Suggestions for automatic

EricArts

Not really a website suggestion, more of a suggestion for the bp.tf bot. Maybe add a feature where the bot posts an automated message onto the Steam profile of the person that the bot successfully traded with? The message could be anything the person using the bot wants to be, for an example "+rep Great customer & trader! :)", so the bot, upon a successfull trade will post that message onto the Steam profile of the person it just traded with.

Please move if in the wrong sections. Thanks!

Suggestion for the bp.tf bot once again. Maybe enable the bot to check prices of each item in the trade (both on my and the other traders side), and make it so that it will accept a set ammount of item overpay for each item. Here's an example: I am selling an "I see you" taunt for 1.33 refined, I can set the bot up so that if I get 1.66 ref in items, the bot will accept it automatically, because I set the overpay to .33 refined. This would be quite handy, atleast for me, as I'm a very versetile and flexible trader. I accept pure, item overpay & csgo items for my items, and I sell everything at a discount so many people try to buy stuff from me for items.

Please move if in incorrect section. Thank you!

Make the bp.tf bot also accept offers that are related to your buy orders on bp.tf. Like if I'm buying a private eye for 2.44 refined, and someone sends me offer for my 2.44 refined and their private eye, then the bot should accept the trade.

Please move if in the wrong section. Thank you!

How does trading with a 100% safe bot that can't negotiate, do you any favors, or even carry out a kind/helpful conversation even warrant '+rep' in the first place? I'd have thousands of +reps on my profile if every single person/bot I traded with posted a message like that. 

You also have the issue of the bot accepting massively over-inflated items even if the guide price says that it is 'overpay' or w/e.

Then we need to deal with the issue of inflation in the first place.

Then we need to deal with the issue of inflation in the first place.

It's not inflation, it's just outdated prices.  Obviously, the only way to deal with that would be to have 100% of items recently updated at all times which unfortunately is never going to happen.  

What the fuck is trading anymore?

Just let a bot do it all, duh. Every kid would just have a bot that adds people, offers overpay, leaves rep, i mean my gosh with the way this is going lets just make a bot play team fortress 2 for us and unbox crates and cases too! Tbh, id ask my bot to get me to global on csgo, and do all my contracts in tf2 for me! :D

srs tho, if there were just bots doing all the trading for everyone what would be the fucking point? this suggestion almost angers me, just because of how lazy one has to be to think of it. MY JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED AF. AHHHH.

Make the bp.tf bot also accept offers that are related to your buy orders on bp.tf. Like if I'm buying a private eye for 2.44 refined, and someone sends me offer for my 2.44 refined and their private eye, then the bot should accept the trade.

Please move if in the wrong section. Thank you!

Well, it is still in development. Even automatic has huge issues and are still not fixed and you are asking somewhere in the forums for buy orders feature? go https://bitbucket.org/srabouin/backpack.tf-automaticand check all the current info, current issues about automatic and make conclusion what we have. It's not so easy to make everything really, everything takes a lot of time. Be patient.  Steam changeds/adds their features which leads automatic to be redone again.

I, personally, wouldn't want my profile spammed with only "+rep" from bots... 

Especially when profile rep is completely useless and ignored.

Whoa, what's that? TWELVE +REPS FROM THE BACKPACK.TF BOT? BETTER SELL YOU THE FEW HUNDRED KEYS YOU'RE ASKING FOR OVER PAYPAL!

• 2 weeks later...

It's just a suggestion that I would like to see implemented in the future. Not today, maybe not even ever, but isn't this forum meant for ideas/suggestions to be passed on and discussed? Also, I dont know a lot about coding, I've only done a few mods for a 2D game, but even that took me some time to finish. So I understand where you guys come from with saying that this isn't as easy to pull off as it seems. 

I also understand the people that are against bots, as they are litteraly robots, taking over our jobs (as funny as that sounds, it's the reality). I personally use the bp.tf trade bot and a few other automated systems on different websites/platforms to ease my trading, as I generally get 20 offers a minute the moment I update my bp.tf listings, and I trade a few hundred items a day, so it's hard for me to physically keep up. Alongside trading, I have to take care of my siblings/niece, do house chores, etc. etc. so the bot(s) really save me a lot of headache and allow me to use my time more efficently. I would be watching my niece with my computer running the bot, and I would just have to pull out my phone every 10 minutes, accept all confirmations, and put the phone back into my pocket.

it's a suggestion, and the community has given you their feedback on your suggestion. the fact that the feedback was overwhelmingly negative doesn't make it wrong or inappropriate to the forum; it's in fact the exact function of the forum to provide a space for people to honestly critique ideas. yours is just bad in most people's eyes. 

also i feel most people aren't against bots, automatic makes things much easier. the issue is that profile rep is terrible anyway, and that overpay would be difficult to implement in software terms and hard to calibrate in price terms because of the sheer variety of items and length of outdated prices, etc.

Archived