/summon awesomemccoolname

Studious Damon

Which pc build makes the most sense:

• Primarily for csgo
  • $1,000 budget or whatever makes sense on $120/month

I would prefer a laptop build because it just makes more sense as a student.

http://www.rjtech.com/for barebones, I just don't know where to get a mGPU.

If you want a laptop, then just buy a prebuilt system from Digital Storm, Asus, MSI, etc... Literally a potato can run CSGO well. So basically anything that's not integrated graphics/GT____ for the GPU will be able to max out CSGO @ 1080p 60fps (you'll want something with a Haswell i5 or later and a GTX950m or above ideally, although the 700/800 series is still good if it's cheaper by any decent amount).

If you want a laptop, then just buy a prebuilt system from Digital Storm, Asus, MSI, Origin, etc... Literally a potato can run CSGO well. So basically anything that's not integrated graphics/GT____ for the GPU will be able to max out CSGO @ 1080p 60fps. 

ok fine, what about a pc

One that can play CSGO well or one that costs $1000? One that plays csgo well is far less. 

One that plays csgo decently well, I would love it if its cheaper actually.

If you were making a thread for McCool then why didn't you just PM him.

The thread is open to anyone. I made a thread for him because he knows everything

One that plays csgo decently well, I would love it if its cheaper actually.

Something like this would be plenty for CSGO, but to be clear, I would recommend stepping up to an i5 and an R9 380 or higher if you have any intention of playing anything more demanding/streaming (even an i3 or an 860k would be a better all around choice if you cared about anything other than CSGO).

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-HD2 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($39.99 @ Micro Center) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 370 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $409.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-11 20:41 EST-0500

Something like this would be plenty for CSGO, but to be clear, I would recommend stepping up to an i5 and an R9 380 or higher if you have any intention of playing anything more demanding/streaming (even an i3 or an 860k would be a better all around choice if you cared about anything other than CSGO).

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-HD2 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($39.99 @ Micro Center) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 370 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 

btw how does this compare to dell xps 8300

i7-3770 @ 3.4ghz

16 gb ram

AMD Radeon HD 7500 4gb

If you already have that system, then just upgrade the GPU. 

The 3770 would wreck a G3258 (well, in CSGO the G3258 could actually be faster if you get a good overclock, but as a whole a 3770 is a far superior cpu). But an R7 370 is far faster than an HD7500. 

If you already have that system, then just upgrade the GPU. 

The 3770 would wreck a G3258 (well, in CSGO the G3258 could actually be faster if you get a good overclock, but as a whole a 3770 is a far superior cpu). But an R7 370 is far faster than an HD7500. 

Are you sure though? Its 8 years old and prebuilt. I think I should build a new system.

But then again, I could save my money and get back into bitcoin trading.

Help me out here.

Are you sure though? Its 8 years old and prebuilt. I think I should build a new system.

But then again, I could save my money and get back into bitcoin trading.

Help me out here.

A 3770 is only a few years old (and is within 10-15% performance of the newest CPUs).

So if your system is 8 years old, then you don't have a 3770 (or an HD7500)

Click start > right click 'my computer' > click properties. 

What processor is listed? 

thats where i got my specs from 

i7-3770 @ 3.4ghz

thats where i got my specs from 

i7-3770 @ 3.4ghz

Then the computer is only 3.5~ years old and that CPU is basically just as capable as a modern CPU -- I wouldn't even consider upgrading from that to a 6700k. 

Just upgrade the GPU and PSU if you need more performance.

Then the computer is only 3.5~ years old and that CPU is basically just as capable as a modern CPU -- I wouldn't even consider upgrading from that to a 6700k. 

Just upgrade the GPU and PSU if you need more performance.

What would be the best combo (since I don't need the other parts anymore)?

What would be the best combo (since I don't need the other parts anymore)?

Well, what I said before still stands. 

If you just care about CSGO, then an R7 370 is enough (and you probably don't even need a new power supply); alternatively, you can spend more and get something like an R9 380/390 which will be able to max out most/all (respectively) games. I would also recommend getting an SSD as that will make the whole computer snappier to use (it will not increase FPS though). 

Well, what I said before still stands. 

If you just care about CSGO, then an R7 370 is enough (and you probably don't even need a new power supply); alternatively, you can spend more and get something like an R9 380/390 which will be able to max out most/all (respectively) games. I would also recommend getting an SSD as that will make the whole computer snappier to use (it will not increase FPS though). 

for an r80/90 I don't need a new psu right?

Why i3, I built my friend a cheap pc with it and CSGO ran like shit on it, If you want decent fps pay 130$ more, get i5 4440 and MSI H81M-P33 mobo for 46$, and you'll have a decent pc.

Archived