Steam App problems...

JayTuut

Okay so I got a new phone for Christmas (iphone 5s) and i had a 4S before, and so i changed my 5s to my mobile authenticator, so i get the codes and etc on that, but now its been a week (so no more escrow even tho i wasnt even trading in that week cause i was away) and i go onto the steam app, it asks me to sign in, im like okay and then it says "enter the current code displayed i n the steam mobile app" But i just changed it to this phone, so why would i need a code from a phone if i changed it to this one? HELP

I had a similar problem, it showed me the codes on screen but they didn't work, worst thing is the codes stayed on the app screen even after reinstalling it...

For those who are having a difficult time with the Steam Mobile Authenticator App. I'd just suggest switching to the desktop authenticator version that geel created. I spent 3 weeks on the authenticator with it getting me logged out every few days (tried the method above, didn't work for me.) The desktop one defeats the purpose but as long as you got backups of it (the codes an all) and you exercise caution when clicking links, etc you should be fine. 

Archived