Poll: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/47311-new-design-pool/

http://backpack.tf/issue/view/568fac4eba8d88165aa94a4d

Main site:

design good, how many items tracking idea good, removing forums bad

Suggestions:

design good, upvote yellow and downvote blue bad, not being able to vote bad

Item pages:

design good, no strange parts bad

RIP Julia script(bp times compare) and Cares script(fancy belts) wich was used by unusual suggestors

premium search good

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like most of it, the menus, buttons, and premium search look way better now :D

I have mixed feelings about the suggestions place, I like how they made it bigger and gave more obvious buttons (up or downvote instead of check or red x).

I think the lotto deserves a cool new design too :P

Classified listing for weapons now no longer show parts attached as well. I'm not sure if this is a bug but I can't see the parts attached in the user's backpack either. Layout looks cool btw.

rn8niIO.png

It can't remember my vote, premium doesn't work, and it killed the main tool suggesters use right now.

Fuck. This.

It's fucking disgusting, it doesn't function, and it may well put me off suggesting.

It's mediocre at best, and I think it could have been done better if they didn't pull a volvo and just shove it down our throats without the communities' opinion.

The scripts and bugs will be fixed eventually.  This is supposed to be a new design opinion thread, not EVERYTHING IS BROKEN FUCK THIS UPDATE! thread :P

The scripts and bugs will be fixed eventually.  This is supposed to be a new design opinion thread, not EVERYTHING IS BROKEN FUCK THIS UPDATE! thread :P

Except that's my opinion. Fuck this update is my entire opinion of this update. It's piss. It DOES. NOT. FUNCTION.

Im now messed up. I used quick forum thread section a lot. Now when its gone i dont know where to find newiest updates...

I agree with OP

Oh god. You guys need a web designer. This looks horrible. Blue and Yellow? really?

Green and red is obvious, and much better.

Premium search has many issues. Initially the search itself worked, but I could not access owners of a hat directly by clicking on it, which is profoundly inconvenient for suggesting. I then noticed a number of my unusual Stahlhelms did not show up in the search at all (the 1 of 1's specifically, which all display as "0" on the unusual price list page.) Finally, the search tool broke entirely after ~10 minutes of use.

Premium search has many issues. Initially the search itself worked, but I could not access listings for a hat directly by clicking on it, which is profoundly inconvenient for suggesting. I then noticed a number of my unusual Stahlhelms did not show up in the search at all (the 1 of 1's specifically, which all display as "0" on the unusual price list page.) Finally, the search tool broke entirely after ~10 minutes of use.

oh

well

rip

I think that the new colours for up and downvotes look ugly. I also don't really like the new suggestion lay out. I kind of have to agree with Gent here but I don't think everything is disgusting. Site is also very slow for me but I think that's just temporarily.

Just please change the up and downvote colours back and the way suggestions looked. 

EDIT:

It sucks. And downvote is blue. Worst update ever. And I can't even vote on my suggestions. Just RIP.

Yes what about this? Why can't I vote on my own suggestions anymore?

"Latest changes" page needs to be reformatted, it doesn't display correctly.

I prefer the old design for the voting page as well, but I'm willing to use the new one if it starts remembering my votes. :)

>stats.tf window on main page

>downvote is blue

>upvote is orange

>no recent forum threads window

And that, is how you fuck up a site.

I think it is still a work in progress .. i haven't used the site in like a year but a change is always welcome .. things might get a little stale if it stays the same

Nobody cares about the number of each item, so why have that take up half the main page?

Strange parts and kill counters are totally gone from item hover-over, so I cannot tell which item is which.

The design is plain ugly, but that's mostly a personal thing.

Premium search is now dead.

Just...why? You've managed to REMOVE functionality for no reason at all.

PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN EXPAND MY LISTING.

Like, I want to look for KILLSTREAKED weapons or PAINTED hats I don't want the clean but I CAN'T FIND THE OLD EXPAND BUTTON.

Please change it back :(

PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN EXPAND MY LISTING.

Like, I want to look for KILLSTREAKED weapons or PAINTED hats I don't want the clean but I CAN'T FIND THE OLD EXPAND BUTTON.

Please change it back :(

I thought I was missing something.

How do I view all classified listings? Or do only the lowest/newest 5 get listed now :o

I like looking at stats as much as the next nerd, but I have to ask in all honesty, what vital information do these pie charts tell us that everyone needs to be made aware of every time we hit the homepage?

Archived