Anyone know any good bags?

kaytradamus

Hi guys, im looking for a decent rucksack. I cycle to work in all weather (yay) and need something to keep my tablet nice and dry. Needs to be waterproof/mudproof. Any help would be much appreciated, ive googled this but would rather go by people i know and trust, plus some of you guys might know something google doesnt. Thanks again ~Kaytra.

Wrap a big plastic bag on top of your bag, that will work and the cost will be much cheaper than to buy a waterproof bag. 

(at least that's what I do when I don't have an umbrella when school ends.)

Eastpak backpacks have served me just fine cycling to and from school/uni in all sorts of weather (except anything pleasant because it's Dutch weather).

They are a tad pricey though

Depending on where you live and what is available. My Kelty Redwing bag... I have owned it for 4 years now and routinely put it through hell year round on 3 different continents. My specific bag isn't "water-proof" so I always keep 2 or 3 trash bags in it to water proof anything I need to to throw in. Although I'm sure they make water proof versions. Jack Wolfskin if you live in Germany, not sure if they make bags but their clothes are great for all weather.

*edit: they do make bags http://www.jack-wolfskin.com/bags/

.....on these forums?

yes i have hope for the manchildren, If nobody does they wont get better will they. Thanks for the suggestions guys, ill check them all out.

Hi guys, im looking for a decent rucksack. I cycle to work in all weather (yay) and need something to keep my tablet nice and dry. Needs to be waterproof/mudproof. Any help would be much appreciated, ive googled this but would rather go by people i know and trust, plus some of you guys might know something google doesnt. Thanks again ~Kaytra.

I'm sorry, but Berghaus are the one and only. A bit pricey, but the best.

I'm sorry, but Berghaus are the one and only. A bit pricey, but the best.

Got the full berghaus waterproof set (jacket and legs) and i havent gotten wet since.

I really like Dakine stuff. 

I use a Dakine backpack when I go Snowboarding to carry my camera equipment, first aid kit, spare gloves, Trail Map, Cellphone, etc. 

Dakine's stuff is insanely durable, I've tumbled down the mountain and smashed into trees with little to no damage to the backpack itself. (The dangers of double black diamonds, man...)

Archived