Can anyone help me out with trading?

sh4ky

I'm pretty inexperienced with trading and I don't want to get sharked or scammed. I have 2 unusuals(dead presidents roboglove and blizzard nanobalaclava). I want to eventually trade up to get a full australium Demoman; grenades, stickies, and eyelander. I know it'll take me a long time, but I have nothing better to do :) so can anyone add my (id/profshaky) and I will ask you whenever I have a question?

Take offers on your current unusuals, don't take paypal unless you feel confident and do your research on unusuals. I recommend looking through bp.tf histories and don't bother taking outdated unusuals.

Take offers on your current unusuals, don't take paypal unless you feel confident and do your research on unusuals. I recommend looking through bp.tf histories and don't bother taking outdated unusuals.

At any given time, around 50% of unusuals prices are outdated.   So you're effectively limiting yourself to 50% of the market.  Not a good strategy. 

There's nothing wrong with outdated hats, you just need to know their true value and understand how backpack suggestions/pricing and the economy work.  

@OP:  Be careful who you take advice from (no offense to the guy I quoted, but the advice "Don't accept outdated hats" is simply bad, very bad actually, just like "Don't accept unpriced hats" is bad advice).   It takes a long time to learn unusual trading and you're going to run into a bunch of people who've owned a few hats who think they know how this works.  In most cases unfortunately, they don't know what they're doing and that's how you end up with bad advice like 'don't accept outdated hats'.  

Price check thread: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/29823-the-one-and-only-pricecheck-thread/

If you are not sure about the hats and willing to sacrifice a bit, I suggest you check your price here ^ then find yourselves a broker. They will basically bump your trade everyday, scan offers, deal with scammers and etc stuff for you for 5% the price of your hat that they sell for you. You can easily find one by just typing "brokering" in search box, we have several threads with reputation there.

It's not holiday anymore and I'm quite busy these days to manage trading, so that's what I did.

Archived