Laptop Keyboard problem.. Pressing 1 key = 2-3 different key entered?

Nobu

I left my laptop in sleep mode for about a week and when I turn it back on, the keyboard's all messed up.

Pressing the shift key would enter a "*", pressing 6 would enter "68", pressing 9 would enter "98" and so on.

I seriously have no idea why is this happening. It's only with some of the keys. I tried Google but nothing useful came up.

Any solutions?

List of keys

l = L[\

6 = 68

9 = 98

shift key = *

- = P-]

= = O0=

Try installing a fresh language pack, also attempt hooking up a extern keyboard and see if the same problem continues.

Or turn off your computer and let the poor thing rest.

Yea I tried restarting.

I'll try hooking up a external keyboard later and see if it works but for now I'll let it rest. Will report back in a few hours.

My mechanical keyboard pulled that bullshit on me, had to take it to the shop to get A/S for it. Not sure with laptops, but if a restart doesn't work out, might wanna take it for an A/S.

That happened to me, my laptop was quite shit and had problems with over heating, my brother had opened it up but couldn't figure out how to fix it, and it still wasn't working. I never tried an external keyboard, but let me know if that works. Might have to get something new, but I think the external keyboard should work if its not too much of an issue for you.

My mechanical keyboard pulled that bullshit on me, had to take it to the shop to get A/S for it. Not sure with laptops, but if a restart doesn't work out, might wanna take it for an A/S.

A/S?

Try installing a fresh language pack, also attempt hooking up a extern keyboard and see if the same problem continues.

Or turn off your computer and let the poor thing rest.

Well now the keys I listed above are completely broken, pressing them does nothing :(

I hooked up a external keyboard and it works fine. Would installing a fresh language pack fix the broken keys?

That happened to me, my laptop was quite shit and had problems with over heating, my brother had opened it up but couldn't figure out how to fix it, and it still wasn't working. I never tried an external keyboard, but let me know if that works. Might have to get something new, but I think the external keyboard should work if its not too much of an issue for you.

Yea external keyboard works fine.

I hooked up a external keyboard and it works fine. Would installing a fresh language pack fix the broken keys?

Nope. The fact that external keyboards work with it, make me 99% sure it's a hardware problem. You mentioned heating issues, which could have broken it somehow. Anyways you can either have it repaired or just leave it as it is.

Nope. The fact that external keyboards work with it, make me 99% sure it's a hardware problem. You mentioned heating issues, which could have broken it somehow. Anyways you can either have it repaired or just leave it as it is.

Damn, alright I'll just leave it as it is.

Thanks everyone.

Archived