feedback wanted on pc buld

Ziphy

Hi guys,

I want some feedback on my first ever custom pc build.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Ziphy/saved/#view=tPTLrH

I am not completely sure if this thing is a good idea. To be as affordable as possible without compromising performance. I plan on overclocking a monitor for some 120 fps action.

A few things I would change if I was in your position:

• I would get an SSD and load windows onto it, for faster boot time.
  • I would change the graphics card for an amd r9 390

However, and absolute must is to change that PSU. Never skimp on the PSU, it is arguably the most important component on the PC, as it is responsible for the power, and if goes wrong, can destroy your whole PC. The PSU you have in your build is not designed for high-end setups such as the one you are going for. Use this chart here to help you choose a better one: https://i.imgur.com/tgrbCnr.jpg Going for a SeaSonic or a higher end EVGA would be a good choice.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($223.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($88.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($39.99 @ NCIX US) 

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($298.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 

Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($55.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Total: $867.80

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-04 12:54 EST-0500

Thanks for the replies. Right now I'm trying to decide if I should go with an is or i5. I guess I forgot to mention that I planned on using it for animation and video editing. But will 8gb of deditotated video card wam help with that?

Thanks for the replies. Right now I'm trying to decide if I should go with an is or i5. I guess I forgot to mention that I planned on using it for animation and video editing. But will 8gb of deditotated video card wam help with that?

Get the i7 and probably also 16GB of regular dedotated wam. Video card ram won't really help you much as rendering is still mostly a task handled by the CPU.

Archived