Transferring files to a new desktop

Captain Caboose

I never really looked into how to do this but anyway,

My grandma got a new desktop computer and she wants the old hard drive from her other computer so she can still have those files.

Unlike the older computer which had two slots to store hard drives, the new one only has one.

She still wants them to be accessible whitout any hassle. Should I take it to a computer repair place to see what they can do?

It's a fairly simple process to just converge the two original hard drives into your grandma's new one, although if you're unable to physically help her she might not be able to do it (depends if she's tech savvy). All you need to do is clone the two hard drives into the new one. There's several different ways of doing so, just google and you can find it. Although if you can't physically help her it'll probably be harder.

It's a fairly simple process to just converge the two original hard drives into your grandma's new one, although if you're unable to physically help her she might not be able to do it (depends if she's tech savvy). All you need to do is clone the two hard drives into the new one. There's several different ways of doing so, just google and you can find it. Although if you can't physically help her it'll probably be harder.

I can help her since she lives near me, thanks though :) 

Archived