Resetting a Windows Password.

Lmf

I recently forgot my password to my gaming computer, and I'm currently using my shitty 9 year old computer. Is there any way to reset my desktop password? 

Windows 7 Premium. I won't be able to do the backdoor command prompt trick and I haven't made a password reset on it. help pls 

Shit I had a disk I used to get into win 7 and older but I forgot what it was called, I might update in the morning if I remember

EDIt: install kon boot on a CD and the put it in your new PC. When you boot up, launch from disk. Then when it asks for pw, just type anything in and it'll work.

You can always use ophcrack. Burn a liveCD, then boot into it. It can get your password via brute force; if it is simple. If not then I know a few others that are not standalones. If your computer is/wasnt encrypted then ophcrack shouldnt have any problem getting it.

http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/

Regardless of having a password, try booting with a different OS and edit the systems files from there.  

http://www.pcworld.com/article/249181/how_to_reset_your_windows_password.html

Read this article CAREFULLY.

Or you can do it that way. It would be more fun my way. Could teach him/her more about computers; with having to to deal with another os.

The choice is left up to Lmf.

Or you can do it that way. It would be more fun my way. Could teach him/her more about computers; with having to to deal with another os.

The choice is left up to Lmf.

That isn’t of my ability to teach about other OS’s. Sadly..

I know a lot about computers, but there are parts where I am limited at...

I agree with Apo, I used to work at a tech shop and used kon boot on a regular basis, it's easy and safe.

Unless you want to potentially screw up and do what the other guy suggested

Archived